Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Computer Technical Help
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-16-2006, 07:55 PM

Default avast virus scan

long story short-
i did a virus scan using avast, turned up these items:
a sun\java file with extension \beyond.class was described as : infection:VBS:Malware(Gen)
a sun\java file with extension \Dummy.class was described as : infection:VBS:Malware(Gen)
a sun\java file with extension \VerifierBug.class was described as : infection:VBS:Malware(Gen)
a sun\java file with extension \BlackBox.class was described as : infection:VBS:Malware(Gen)
aqnybody familiar with these? what do they do?

long story:
i log in to check my online banking, before it lets me go any further than hitting enter, i get a warning that the certificate for the site is not recognized or something to that effect. it asks me if i want to continue, stop , or continue but just this once. i stopped, did the virus scan with the above results.

i logged on to a different computer and changed my password and secret questions and stuff. the other computer didnt give me the certificate warning.

im a scared.

now that im done with the virus scan, is there any reason to not try to log back in on the first computer? any other steps i should take?
fwiw, the avast virus protection is freeware from majorgeeks.com. the definitions are updated all the time, i think they are currently from apr14.
thanks in advance