Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Business, Finance, and Investing
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-07-2007, 01:13 PM

Default What\'s your Big Idea?

Hello Business / Finance peoples.

What is your big business idea that you guys are working on right now?

I know there are a lot of entrepreneurs / business owners / startupers that are brewing around this forum and was wondering what everyone was working on.

Right now I am working on creating a real estate agent franchise as well as some For Sale by Owner / internet business meanwhile doing the real estate investing / flipping thing. I am no longer participating full time in the real estate flipping side because I am pouring more and more of my time to work on the franchise.

Just wanted to know what other entrepreneurs out there are working on.

Post as much detail as you want about what you are doing because I am interested to know more about other businesses.
Old 07-07-2007, 02:57 PM

Default Re: What\'s your Big Idea?

Working on a private placement to finish prototyping and begin manufacturing of a patented gaming accesory for the console gaming segment.

Been working on it for about a year now, formalized everything earlier this year: offices, phone system, warehouse, articles of inc. etc. Started raising $250k by selling convertibe notes at 15% and now I’m in the process of getting the group together to do the reg D offering. I’m hoping to have the product out by this holiday season, but that’s a lofty goal
Old 07-07-2007, 09:19 PM

Good stuff Aggrofish.

Far ahead of the game in terms of implementation than I am in terms of ideas.

So basically, you are selling a piece of a gaming console?
Old 07-07-2007, 11:23 PM

I'm launching my membership site in a few weeks that I've been working on for a few months.
Old 07-08-2007, 09:52 AM

What kind of site are you working on?

What clientel does it service?
Old 07-08-2007, 09:53 AM

website that functions like huge television station
Old 07-08-2007, 01:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hello Business / Finance peoples.

What is your big business idea that you guys are working on right now?

I know there are a lot of entrepreneurs / business owners / startupers that are brewing around this forum and was wondering what everyone was working on.

Right now I am working on creating a real estate agent franchise as well as some For Sale by Owner / internet business meanwhile doing the real estate investing / flipping thing. I am no longer participating full time in the real estate flipping side because I am pouring more and more of my time to work on the franchise.

Just wanted to know what other entrepreneurs out there are working on.

Post as much detail as you want about what you are doing because I am interested to know more about other businesses.

[/ QUOTE ]

I plan on posing as a successful investor on discussion boards, putting out some random stocks on each so that some of them have to work somewhere. Then, I will try to scam the suckers into giving me money and go to the Bahamas.
Old 07-08-2007, 01:19 PM

Tien: more of an accesory for consoles, i.e. logitech steering wheels/pedals, wireless controllers, etc.
Old 07-08-2007, 05:42 PM

Sugar free Ring Dings and Devil Dogs.
Old 07-09-2007, 11:54 AM

I just sent this letter to a friend of mine who lives in HK.
I live in Vancouver Canada

(personal stuff first...)
I am also writing you to see if you are interested in helping me with my box business.
In my current situation, I have shifted my box manufacturing business from 80/20% manufacturing/importing to 20/80%.

I have a local company that I deal with that imports from China and handles everything from taking my order to delivering my orders to my door.

Recently the Canadian dollar has hit a 35 year high (this month) of 0.95 USD to one Canadian dollar and since the Chinese Yuan and USD are tied together I should be getting a price break in my box orders as compared to last year (of 10-15%; or half of that if we split the increase)
I have asked for a break, but they said no.
So now I am looking for another supplier or three to keep this one honest.
I need a contact in HK/China to source box manufacturers and an exporting contact.
The sourcing contact in HK/China does Not need any box experience, but would need to be able to translate my request for quotations into Chinese and then forward them on to several Chinese manufacturers; then take the replies and send them back to me for my review.
The export contact would need some experience in organizing a pickup from a manufacturer/packing a container/ and dealing with export documents. Both contacts would need to speak fluent english. At first I would not be importing full containers, so I would have to deal with partial containers, but business is increasing and I can see a time in the near future where I will be ordering full containers myself.

If you are interested or know anyone who would be a good candidate please forward my e-mail address to them

wfong@direct.ca

and ask them to put BOX CONTACT in the title.

Thanks in advance.
W

There is lots of potential here for making money.