Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-08-2007, 01:30 AM

Default Collusion?

My first trip to Foxwoods and it takes 2 1/2 hours to get into the only table of 10/20 LHE game last Friday (2/2/07). Within 3 hands I see these two guys, sitting next to each other, at the other end of the table get HU on the flop and lay down their cards face up - checking down. I turn to somebody and ask whats up with that and he tells me they are friends so it doesn't matter... I am uncomfortable but don't want to alienate the table within 5 minutes of arriving - especially because there is no other 10/20 table - so I say nothing. About 30 minutes later one of those two guys bets, the other raises and what I took to be a Foxwoods regular named Bernie (I think) folds. The buddy calls and they check down without opening their hands. Bernie starts making a fuss and the one guy says WTF I had AA - which he shows. I never saw the other guy's hand but assume it was legit. The floor gets involved and Bernie says its unfair - because even if they aren't cheating its less likely that one of them will bust out and be replaced by a fish. And then I open my mouth because I don't like it and because I'm an idiot. I say I don't believe that they are intentionally cheating but that even if its unintentional it amounts to collusion because they will be more likely to bet/raise because getting HU with each other makes it cheaper to get to SD. The floor looks at me like I'm talking Greek, Bernie is happy to have an ally but doesn't care what I am saying and nobody else even remotely acknowledges the issue of unfairness if the two buddies are not outright cheating.

The floor ultimately rules no violation occurred but whispers to the dealer to notify him if they bet/raise again (I am in seat 1 so I hear this).

Any thoughts? By the way I call myself an idiot here because in one fell swoop I let the table know I think about complex things, I couldn't control myself from blurting out my feelings, my happy go lucky table image is hard to restore (Altoids anybody?), and I've got two guys who could in fact be colluding and are very likely regulars themselves, mad at me.