Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-08-2007, 10:04 AM

Default Re: 54s rr-ed pot

If I pushed this turn, my range would probably be all sets and AA. So, if I somehow ended up here with this monster draw (I'd fold preflop ldo), I might push to satisfy shania, knowing that villain is making a big mistake against my range to call with one pair.

But, yeah shania doesn't matter much in this spot, if you think he won't fold an overpair don't push. But if you think it's close, push may be better for metagame. (But I guess that assumes you're not a spewmonkey that gets it in for 200BBs with crap constantly.)
Old 11-08-2007, 10:40 AM

call turn, crai flop
Old 11-08-2007, 10:52 AM

Everyone noticed that the turn paired the board right? If you have TT are you really c/shoving this turn?
Old 11-08-2007, 11:00 AM

i would probably call and shove the river if i hit.

i wouldn't call PF OOP. in pos yes, but not OOP, even deep
Old 11-08-2007, 11:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
call turn, crai flop

[/ QUOTE ]

crai flop with 165bb ?
Old 11-08-2007, 11:10 AM

I'd hate on preflop but you mentioned FPS in blue font so you get a pass.

I really don't like flop call as when the A falls you will lose action more often than gain it. That said a c/raise will only fold out over cards and since you said villain was tight I give him a range of AA-JJ,AK; of which only AK folds to a check/raise. That said since we had preflop fps we might as well continue with post flop fps. Plus the hand being 3bet preflop I'm sure we can still squeeze out a one bet call from KK, or QQ if an A falls.

Turn has not given us any more fold equity so no point leading or c/raising. Just call and Push any good river.
Old 11-08-2007, 11:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not trying to get him to fold overpairs (lol by the way) I'm trying to get him to fold unpaired overs by shoving.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-08-2007, 11:50 AM

I'm just not sure how often standard(bad) TAGs 2-barrel on this board in 3-bet pots. If he does, C/R AI looks a lot better...but against most of these guys I think calling again is best. Flop play is perfect IMO.
Old 11-08-2007, 12:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm not trying to get him to fold overpairs (lol by the way) I'm trying to get him to fold unpaired overs by shoving.

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't think that's a big part of his range. He's probably not 2nd barrelling alot, esp not on this board.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought this was interesting. I kinda like double barreling here alot if we were villain because it leverages our stack sizes for a potential push on the river. What would do in this situation if Hero had JJ or QQ?

And I'd probably just push turn. I don't think many Villain's go broke 200bb deep even if they probably should.

Separate random question, if you were Villain and held AA, do you bet or check the turn?
Old 11-08-2007, 12:08 PM

i'm not really sure that villan will double with AK, he's shown a tendency in the past to give up most times. i think he's generally fairly strong here. i would suspect JJ+ most times.

$360 effective, 1/2 6max

PF: I open 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] $7 in MP, he RR-es in CO to $25, I call, all else fold. <font color="blue">probably bad but i have fps. </font>

($53) Flop: 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
I check, he bets $35, I call $35

($123) Turn: 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
I check, he bets $80, I...?

(would be like 220 to play if i call this).

i'm not really sure that villan will double with AK, he's shown a tendency in the past to give up most times. i think he's generally fairly strong here. i would suspect JJ+ most times.

anyways, i called.

($238)River: J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
I...

do you like c/shove or open shove more? if stacks were a bit deeper (say, $100 more, which would you prefer?)