Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-19-2006, 01:23 AM

Default Back Acne (I did not get my back waxed)

aI have had back acne for the last 5+ years or so. This last week it has been especially bad and I want to do whatever it takes to make it go away. I do not have a hairy back and I do not shave/wax it. I do shower daily, sometimes more if I had happened to work out or something.

It comes and goes in cycles. Whenever it seems like my back is about to clear up, it comes back stronger than ever a couple days later. I started using Neutrogena body acne wash about a year ago, and that seemed to help at first, but doesn't seem to make much of a difference anymore.

Anyone have any suggestions? I have not excercised much since this became a problem, but am still in relatively good shape (I am not overweight and still play sports and stuff -- but sit on my ass 6 days out of the week). I eat pretty bad, and drink excessively. Although, I have eliminated some greasy foods suchs as potato chips and slim jims from my diet.

Is this something I should go to a dermatologist about, or should making simple improvements in my lifestyle help? Such as working out/eating better? Any advice is appreciated, and flame away if you are one of those bastards with no pimples on their back.

My face is clear almost year around. I only get the rare pimple, and they clear up really fast on my face. I occasonally get a pimple on the side of my leg or on my chest or even in my ear and those are bigger and take longer to go away but are pretty rare. However, on my back they are consistently there and are usually pretty big and cycle between being out in full force to almost going away (but never go away completely). Anywhere from 5-10 big ass pimples at the same time. I pop them whenever possible as they drive me crazy. Lately I have been putting rubbing alcohol and neosporin on them to try to make them go away which seems to help but still doesn't cure the problem. Shoul

One thing I was thinking of was getting more sun on my back in the summer or tanning on purpose, as I think that may help make them go away, and has seemed to help in the past if I have been boating or fishing a lot but I can't tell for sure. (but of course this could lead to cancer later, i am normally pale white). And it is especially annoying being the only guy with a terrible back on the lake.
Old 12-19-2006, 06:44 PM

Default Re: Back Acne (I did not get my back waxed)

Try switching from cotton undershirts to synthetics. The cotton traps oil on your back while the synthetics apparently don't. I have only heard of this so I don't have any first hand knowledge.
Old 12-19-2006, 07:14 PM

The pimples on your leg/ear are not technically pimples and are more likely to be folliculitis.

Try using benzoyl peroxide gel on your back twice a day every day. Try not to sweat too much unless you like awesome bleach spots on your shirts. You can also wear an undershirt.

FWIW, aside from Accutane, I've found that daily consistent use of large amounts of BP gel is the most brutally effective treatment for acne. Moisturizer is pretty important as well. I've tried almost every single acne treatment, minus laser treatment and light therapy.
Old 12-19-2006, 09:37 PM

Will you get back acne if you get your back waxed?
Old 12-19-2006, 09:54 PM

are you tall? do you slouch?

i once heard a chiropractor suggest that slouching pulls the skin and tissues of back tight and interferes with normal pore operation resulting in back acne. theoretically this means good posture will solve your problem in time.
Old 12-19-2006, 10:38 PM

sun definitely helps backne
Old 12-19-2006, 10:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]

i once heard a chiropractor suggest that slouching pulls the skin and tissues of back tight and interferes with normal pore operation resulting in back acne. theoretically this means good posture will solve your problem in time.

[/ QUOTE ]

this may or may not be the most useful post Ive ever read on 2+2
Old 12-19-2006, 10:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

this may or may not be the most useful post Ive ever read on 2+2

[/ QUOTE ]

Interesting theory..
Old 12-19-2006, 10:56 PM

Shoe,

pics pls
Old 12-19-2006, 11:13 PM

dermatologist---> acutane