Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-02-2006, 11:30 PM

Default Re: 6000th Post. Let\'s Try This Hand Reading Thing Again

[ QUOTE ]
Drzen,
This is Pudge's 6000th post and it was supposed to serve as a valuable learning tool to the forum.

[/ QUOTE ]

What am I learning? To assume that someone has a flush because they raise the river? The post is supposed to be about handreading, but rather than take a range and narrow it down, we have simply binned the range because the flush came in.

[ QUOTE ]
While you call me a "loyal follower" I am actually his brother and on numerous occasions have argued with him over how to play hands. I don't want to turn this into a giant argument between us two because this is not what I want to turn the thread into. However I suggest you reconsider your thought process about this hand and your hand reading process in general and try to improve your hand reading skill.

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF? I suggest you explain to me how it is "handreading" in any way, shape or form to assume someone has a flush because they called the flop, checked the turn and raised a threeflush river? They *could* have a flush. They *could* have KT. They *could* have Ax. You cannot take those hands out of their range altogether.

What you can do is decide what's likely. What might they have called with? What might they have checked the turn with? What might they now be raising the river with? But saying that only a flush fits is not "good handreading". It's "discounting hands that don't fit your thesis".

Maybe that's the right thing to do. Convince me. Don't keep telling me I need better skills. Explain to me how it works. How exactly do I discount the other hands in question?

[ QUOTE ]
I am obviously not perfect in reading hands however I feel like in this instance myself and many other posters who are excellent players would side with pudge rather than you here.

[/ QUOTE ]

I do not care who sides with pudge. If they do not come with reasoning, it means nada to me. I've seen too many posters with many, many posts who post things that are just wrong to think that you can't question them.