Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-15-2007, 06:11 PM

Default Hit small set on river, value raise?

NOTE: It is CAP 0.5/1. The cap is only $40

What do you think of PF, flop, turn?

My main question is if I should value raise the river, and if so how much? I think "yes", because if he had a higher set he would probably bet more on the turn to protect against a broadway draw. I don't know how to read if he might have the straight. In fact, I don't really understand what his small turn bet even means. I'm just hoping he doesn't have the straight I guess. On the other hand, which hand except a straight or set will call my raise? KQ?

Full Tilt Poker
Pot Limit Omaha Ring game
Blinds: $0.50/$1 CAP
5 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (5 players) roggles is Button with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
2 folds, <font color="#cc0000">roggles raises to $3.5</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($10.5, 3 players)
SB checks, BB checks, roggles checks.

Turn: Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($10.5, 3 players)
<font color="#cc0000">SB bets $5</font>, BB folds, roggles calls.

River: 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($20.5, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">SB bets $13</font>, <font color="#cc0000">roggles ???</font>
Old 10-15-2007, 07:11 PM

Default Re: Hit small set on river, value raise?

i would just call
Old 10-15-2007, 07:24 PM

I just call, I don't think that you get a call from any worse hands. The 6 completes a str8 draw, so the only hands that are imo calling you are stubborn higher sets.
Old 10-15-2007, 07:42 PM

Unless he's pretty nitty I'd just shove. You can put another $18.50 in, and he doesn't have a straight or set unless he had something weird that would bet 1/2 pot on the turn when you've checked the flop. Also bet the flop. Raising the river looks bluffy because it's likely you would have bet the flop with most hands that can make straights, and wouldn't have called the turn with many hands containing gutshots that you would have raised preflops, so I'd expect to get looked up by and two pair and sometimes even AKxx if he's bad.
Old 10-15-2007, 11:30 PM

call.

why arent u betting flop? its a cap game. you should be willing to stack off in this spot on the flop.
Old 10-16-2007, 03:17 AM

I didn't bet the flop because I am trying to reduce how much I cbet. It feels like more often than not I am check-raised off my hand. My cbets used to have respect, but not anymore

Why would I want to stack off here just because it's a cap game? I don't want to get my money in bad