Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-20-2007, 11:27 PM

Default What\'s the best line here?

I'm just wondering what u guys think is the best line on the turn? I think if I bet, I scare away hands with a 9,6 and at often times a ten, there r no real draws out there except for j8 and jq that he would call the flop with, to me, it seems that by betting, I'm letting worse hands get away from
me, while throwing money at better hands. Really, it seems that there r is only one hand a bet would be profitable against, j-8 (charge him for his draw) I have no read on the player but he is only playing 1 table so I assume he is not great. Check folding the turn seems too weak and check calling isnt great since I don't c him betting anything I beat here. It seems like most ppl would auto-bet that turn, but given the board complexion, what hands do u guys c in villain's range as a bet being profitable against?

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.50/$1 Blinds - 4 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

SB: $99.00
BB: $112.10
Hero (UTG): $100.00
BTN: $396.80

Preflop: Hero is dealt J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (4 Players)
<font color="red">Hero raises to $3.50</font>, BTN calls $3.50, 2 folds

Flop: ($8.50) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $6.00</font>, BTN calls $6.00

Turn: ($20.50) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero?
Old 09-20-2007, 11:37 PM

Default Re: What\'s the best line here?

meh, i c/c as a default just because your hand now has showdown value and he's folding a lot of one pair hands that call the flop.
Old 09-21-2007, 12:16 AM

I agree.

c/c

getting raised would be balls here,
and as mentioned, it's pretty unlikely you're getting called by worse.
Old 09-21-2007, 03:14 AM

Yah I would c/c too. If no one bets the turn, go ahead and bet the river. I would fold the river if he bets a lot and he bet the turn too.
Old 09-21-2007, 04:27 AM

c/c, value bet river if he checks behind.
Old 09-21-2007, 11:02 AM

ya, thats what I did, I checked, hoping he would check behind and I could value bet a blank on the river, a king or or an 8. It turns out he bet 15, I called reluctantly (not sure if I should have), checked an ace river and he potted it for 50 so I figured he probably flopped a straight or set.
Old 09-21-2007, 11:22 AM

Why not bet the turn? TP w/ an open ended draw? C/C seems to lower my advantage. I'm OOP, so checking it just going to show weakness and give him a chance to fire behind me, putting me to a decision. I'd rather bet the turn. If he raises, I can dump it or call depending on the bet size.
Old 09-21-2007, 11:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Why not bet the turn? TP w/ an open ended draw? C/C seems to lower my advantage. I'm OOP, so checking it just going to show weakness and give him a chance to fire behind me, putting me to a decision. I'd rather bet the turn. If he raises, I can dump it or call depending on the bet size.

[/ QUOTE ]

dont bet the turn because not many worse hands call. if we are raised, our 1 pair is no good and we wont have odds to draw to the straight. checking also allows villain to bet w/ worse hands, getting value from hands he would fold to a bet.

edit: also if he checks behind on turn, the "weakness" we've shown will allow us to get a value bet in on the river and he will most likely look us up w/ any piece of the board.
Old 09-21-2007, 11:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
ya, thats what I did, I checked, hoping he would check behind and I could value bet a blank on the river, a king or or an 8. It turns out he bet 15, I called reluctantly (not sure if I should have), checked an ace river and he potted it for 50 so I figured he probably flopped a straight or set.

[/ QUOTE ]

Standard