Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-07-2007, 10:24 AM

Default Re: AQ - Firing 2 Barrels in a 3bet Pot

this is fine, hes floating at least one street w/ JJ/QQ/99 type hands, and may well be floating w/ air some % of the time. He folds all of that to a turn shove and you arent drawing dead when he calls
Old 09-07-2007, 10:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
this is fine, hes floating at least one street w/ JJ/QQ/99 type hands, and may well be floating w/ air some % of the time. He folds all of that to a turn shove and you arent drawing dead when he calls

[/ QUOTE ]

Unless you have a read that he likes to float, I don't agree with the turn shove.
Old 09-07-2007, 10:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Unless you have a read that he likes to float, I don't agree with the turn shove.

[/ QUOTE ]
Me neither. Wihtout a read he'll call the flop with air close to never and AA/Kx/sets will be a too large part of his range compared to QQ/JJ/99 to make a shove +EV imo.
Old 09-07-2007, 10:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

you dont really need a read to assume he can still have 99-QQ after the flop, unless hes some kind of ubernit.
Old 09-07-2007, 10:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Me neither. Wihtout a read he'll call the flop with air close to never and AA/Kx/sets will be a too large part of his range compared to QQ/JJ/99 to make a shove +EV imo.

[/ QUOTE ]

AA,sets and KX are raising the flop a good % of the time, 99-QQ isnt ever.
Old 09-07-2007, 10:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

AA,sets and KX are raising the flop a good % of the time, 99-QQ isnt ever.

[/ QUOTE ]
99-QQ are folding the flop a good % of the time, AA,sets and KX isnt ever.
Old 09-07-2007, 10:34 AM

i disagree, unless OP is super tight then i think they are folding flop like 10% tops
Old 09-07-2007, 10:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

you dont really need a read to assume he can still have 99-QQ after the flop, unless hes some kind of ubernit.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree that he can have 99-QQ, and I absolutely float here with those hands in Villain's position against a straightforward (hopefully non-aggro) opponent who I have a read will give up on the turn when he doesn't have anything. It would be nitty not to do that some percentage of the time; that's good poker. But, I think it's very important to realize such floats should necessarily occur with smaller frequency than a call on the flop with a better hand than mid-pair -- particularly in a raised pot where you're about to be pot committed.

So, again, my view is that from Hero's perspective, in order for him to shove the turn, it's most sensible for him to have a read that Villain floats. Then, by all means shove...but not super often b/c then you really will get looked up by mp.
Old 09-07-2007, 10:42 AM

ya i didnt mean it was standard, i just meant that its perfectly fine to do, and a K hi board is a fine board to do it on.
Old 09-07-2007, 10:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i disagree, unless OP is super tight then i think they are folding flop like 10% tops

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't think pushing is terrible or anything, but I think c/f is better vs an unknown. I don't think AA/Kx/sets raise the flop a lot b/c it's so dry. I think we'll get called by QQ/JJ/99 a decent percentage, but far from 90.