Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-30-2007, 11:38 PM

Default I was in a benches clearing brawl (video included)

I was in a benches clearing brawl a couple weeks ago and figured some would enjoy the video. This was a real one, not a couple guys throwing one or two punches (that miss) and then it cleared, this was bloody.

A little background:

The night before the other teams third baseman put our catcher in the hospital in one of the dirtier plays I have seen (this team we were playing were a bunch of [censored]). Our catcher was about 10 feet up the third base line and 5 feet in foul territory getting a ball that was thrown from right field trying to get the third baseman coming home, the third baseman went out of the baseline and elbows up and crushed our catcher. Our catcher ended up with six stitches and a swollen face. After the third baseman touched home he walked up to our catcher who laying motionless on the ground and said, "take that bitch."

Fast forward to the next day. Third baseman is the cleanup hitter. I am the pitcher. First guy gets out. Second guy gets an infield single. Third batter hit a little flair to left that our left fielder can't get to so men on second and third--BASE OPEN. He is getting hit, everyone in both dugouts knows it. I hit him square in the number 6--which you will see in the video. Notice my takedown. The video does not include all of what went on, the fighting went on for 20 minutes--or at least that was what was reported, and that is why the police came onto the field.

Here is the Video

Our catcher was the guy in the black shirt going nuts near the end of the video.

Not that it matters but their manager is a moron and they did win the game but they got pummeled in that fight. 4 of their players were bloodied very badly and the worst that happened to us is I had a scratch on my face while being at the bottom of the pile.
Old 06-30-2007, 11:42 PM

Default Re: I was in a benches clearing brawl (video included)

[ QUOTE ]
they did win the game but they got pummeled in that fight. 4 of their players were bloodied very badly and the worst that happened to us is I had a scratch on my face while being at the bottom of the pile.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was in a hockey bench clearing brawl when I was a freshman. When we were all in the locker room celebrating how tough we were, one of the seniors said, "Don't you realize they are in their locker room saying the same thing?" He was pissed we had lost the game.

So, congrats on the loss.
Old 06-30-2007, 11:43 PM

Nice double leg. U a wrastler?
Old 06-30-2007, 11:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
After the third baseman touched home he walked up to our catcher

[/ QUOTE ]

Does your league not have umpires? How is this guy not ejected for the hit if that's how it went down?
Old 06-30-2007, 11:49 PM

Awesome.

A+ take down.

Did you get suspended too?

What location employs out of shape black chicks as police officers?
Old 06-30-2007, 11:49 PM

darko,

i would have hit him in the head.

nice video. thread delivers.
Old 06-30-2007, 11:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the third baseman went out of the baseline and elbows up and crushed our catcher. Our catcher ended up with six stitches and a swollen face. After the third baseman touched home

[/ QUOTE ]
Was he called out for running outside the base path?
Old 06-30-2007, 11:52 PM

happyX3,

[ QUOTE ]
I was in a hockey bench clearing brawl when I was a freshman. When we were all in the locker room celebrating how tough we were, one of the seniors said, "Don't you realize they are in their locker room saying the same thing?"

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, only their manager was probably doing the talking (he is an arrogant prick), b/c 4 of them were spitting up blood after it was broken up and were getting laughed at by our team for being [censored] that play dirty, then don't take first base like a man--accepting that the guy was wrong for what he did and then looking like they did afterward.

[ QUOTE ]
Congrats on the loss though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Eh? We play more than one game in a season, you realize this right?

crymeariver,

Well it did happen so far up the line and in foul territory, he was nearly by the dugout when he said it to him and it was in passing--the umpire didn't hear it, our pitcher (he was backing up home and then ran to him when he saw the hit) and catcher heard it. What I didn't understand is how he was still in the game for going out of the baseline to crush the catcher, it wasn't a play at the plate. It was absolutely ridiculous.
Old 06-30-2007, 11:54 PM

what league is this anyway?
Old 06-30-2007, 11:56 PM

What happened with the stint with the Royals?