Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Were you going to pay the $10 for live stats on Yahoo?
Yes, what fun is it without live stats? 18 66.67%
No, I'll just check in Monday and see if I won or lost 7 25.93%
I'm not sure. 2 7.41%
Just show me the results / I'm not in the league 0 0%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-26-2007, 07:16 AM

Default Re: ~~~ OFFICIAL YANKEES 2007 WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS OR BUST THREAD ~~

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
TheTruth:

plz to be naming who is better in that bullpen.

joba chamberlain could not be used this game. Mariano Rivera could, but why?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know. What I do know is that there's only one guy out of the 8 that pitched tonight with a sub-4 ERA.

Just seems like Torre didnt really care about winning tonight's game. Then again, most managers never use their closers late in tied games on the road. I never understood that, but that's a discussion for another thread I suppose.

Also, Vizcaino is better than everyone else that pitched tonight, too.

[/ QUOTE ]

whether planned or not its for the best.
[censored] the division, focus on getting to and winning world series.

Let the Red Sox sit at home with their division title as they watch the wild card Yanks spray bubbly all over the field

[/ QUOTE ]

Once upon a time, there was this talkin' and jumpin' wolf, I think a wolf, but fer sure there were these grapes... [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 09-26-2007, 09:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Also, [censored] you michael kay. Just insisting the Yankees will clinch. So [censored] arrogant, no wonder the rest of the country hates us.

[/ QUOTE ]

Michael Kay can say stupid things and the rest of the country does hate the Yankees, but otherwise you have no clue what you are talking about.

Michael Kay is right the Yankees will clinch (the chance of not making the playoffs is under 1% statistically).... and stating confidently that we will clinch when the magic number is 1 and there are 5 games to play has nothing to do with why the rest of America hats the Yankees.

Michael Kay was talking out of his butt last night when he kept saying how much Torre wanted to clinch right away so that he can rest players and prepare his rotation for the playoffs. Clearly, Torre was not so worried about clinching last night given the selection of relief pitchers that were brought into the game. Kay then started saying the opposite -- that clinching didn't matter last night -- when Veras came in (followed by Karsten).
Old 09-26-2007, 12:24 PM

just to clarify: I'm not saying that Torre necessarily did anything wrong with his choice of pitchers yesterday, just that it seemed inconsistent with the way they've played the last month or so (i.e., furiously trying to win the division).

I much prefer the way the Red Sox went about the AL East race, not really caring about it at all and resting lots of guys. It's a bonus that they won the AL East even though they didn't really appear to be too concerned about winning it.
Old 09-26-2007, 12:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
just to clarify: I'm not saying that Torre necessarily did anything wrong with his choice of pitchers yesterday, just that it seemed inconsistent with the way they've played the last month or so (i.e., furiously trying to win the division).

I much prefer the way the Red Sox went about the AL East race, not really caring about it at all and resting lots of guys. It's a bonus that they won the AL East even though they didn't really appear to be too concerned about winning it.

[/ QUOTE ]

At the beginning of September the Yankees were NOT assured of winning the wild card. In fact, they were still behind Seattle and toward the middle of the month Detroit was within 2.5 games of them. So playing balls out had about nothing to do with winning the division and everything to do with desperately trying to make the playoffs. But from the Red Sox view looking down I'm sure it looked like they were desperately trying to catch them.
Old 09-26-2007, 01:50 PM

http://nyobserver.com/2007/little-re...e-jorge-posada

Title of this article is just ridiculously unintentionally hilarious.

“I think I’ve been a little lucky this year, no question,” Posada says. But that doesn't nearly explain his skyrocketing average.

LOL
Old 09-26-2007, 01:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]

At the beginning of September the Yankees were NOT assured of winning the wild card. In fact, they were still behind Seattle and toward the middle of the month Detroit was within 2.5 games of them. So playing balls out had about nothing to do with winning the division and everything to do with desperately trying to make the playoffs. But from the Red Sox view looking down I'm sure it looked like they were desperately trying to catch them.

[/ QUOTE ]

What about last week? They have pretty much had a spot in the post-season wrapped up for at least two weeks. There were/are some guys on that team that definitely could have rested last week.

craig
Old 09-26-2007, 10:15 PM

<---------------Cano is the man... hands down

playoff berth here we come!
Old 09-26-2007, 11:11 PM

Location: My Avatar is Cursed for my Teams. Please don\'t curse my burger.

This celebration is hilarious. Joba doing the mock sexual thing was great. Edwar is a nutcase.
Old 09-26-2007, 11:11 PM

Yankees clinch.

It's time for the post-season boys.

All of us on this thread have hung really tough all year. We all kept the faith even when the Yankees were having some really down times. Remember when they almost had a double digit losing streak? Remember being under .500 in July? Remember having DeSalvo, Pavano, Rasner, Wright, Karstens starting games?

We made it boys. We made it.

Some inspiration:

Old 09-27-2007, 12:18 AM

arod will win at least one MVP this postseason

you heard it here first