Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-06-2007, 05:25 PM

Default Getting in over your head......job related

Im finally opening up my first of hopefully severalnightclub/restaurants. We have the cash, I have partners that have been in the industry for 20+ years, one is a multi-millionaire, the other is no slouch. We are signing the official lease after negotiating a a bunch with our tentative agreements on Monday. Im investing, not my whole life savings, but a good chunk, we have a good quick exit strategy, and we really arent putting up that much cash comparatively, if I lose everything invested, it wont ruin me. Im nervous as [censored] though. My two partners have other places to run, so they will be pretty silent, Ill be running the day to day things from finances to ordering, hiring, kitchen etc, they have enough faith in me to let me do my own thing which is a huge plus, but I got a feeling in the pit of my stomach of impending doom, even though worst case scenario there aren't a ton of consequences other than reputation. Its a large operation 10k sq ft club, full kitchen (Im developing recipes, and menu items as we speak...just taking a break), we have a great great location, at the lower end of the national average for a triple net lease. Im young for such responsibilities I assume (25), but have been worked at a bunch of places, from high volume 100k/per night to small mom and pop operations, on the surface, and day to day I feel confident, but each day I have a little panic and think wtf am I doing. I think a lot of people liked adsmans thread, so Ill be kind of using this thread to do the same thing if you guys want. Please, dont wish me good luck, or anything, I dont want this to turn into that type of thread, I just want good suggestions on dealing with this feeling, and any other suggestions you guys might have from dealing with the waitstaff/bartenders/cocktail waitresses, to software packages (Im using quickbooks so far), to recipe suggestions. We should be up and running within 6 weeks.