Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-11-2007, 02:29 PM

Location: My Avatar is Cursed for my Teams. Please don\'t curse my burger.
Default Re: Weight Loss Challenge. I want YOU! (fat ass)

I'd like to drop 70 pounds.
Old 08-11-2007, 03:09 PM

6'1" 280

DING!!!!!!!!! I'm in for whatever, always.
Old 08-11-2007, 03:22 PM

I'm glad fluffpop chimed in with 7-9#, as I am sort of in the same category. Throughout my childhood I was always underweight and skinny as a rail. In high school I was drinking 3 egg chocolate milk shakes every other day in vain attempts to gain weight. At 22 I reached peak physical fitness at 6'3" 155. It sounds really light, but I had a nice, toned body with about 6% body fat (as measured in my college phys fitness class). I'm currently 186 and weaker than I was 5 years ago at 22. I'd like to drop 20# while getting stronger as well.
Old 08-11-2007, 03:30 PM

I'd be up for this sort of thing. I'm 6'4" and about 280lbs. Don't know how much I'd like to lose, but getting rid of the fat to expose the beautiful muscle that lies beneath would be a start.

So, yeah, let's get this going. I need encouragement!
Old 08-11-2007, 05:16 PM

I've been doing this since last September (almost a year, woohoo!). Good luck to all those out there, remember to keep the dieting sane. Eat well, don't starve yourself. I went from ~210 lbs (5'11") to around my current 160, which is basically my goal.
At first I only worked out and then I started changing my diet, once I limited myself to 1800-2000 cals a day, I started losing weight quickly. Still eating 1800 cals a day and maintaining well and not hungry. Feels very good -- I can finally do pull up and push ups and all that crap. DO IT, good luck!
Old 08-11-2007, 11:37 PM

42 6'2"...guessing about 270 lb.

About this time last year I bought a gym membership, starting shopping at health stores, eating right and exercising daily. Big improvement.

Then came Christmas, starting visiting friends and hosting relatives, all of whom smoke. So I decided to do the smart thing and start smoking again.

Bye gym. Bye Trader Joe's. Hello lost pounds; where have you been these 6 months?

Have been looking for an opportune moment to get back on the horse.

Should be a sweetener for anyone having to quit smoking at the same time. (No way I can work out while smoking, though I know some do).
Old 08-12-2007, 08:14 AM

Ever interested in doing something. Would like to drop 100.
Old 08-12-2007, 11:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Good luck to you guys. I went from 297 to 184 since last june. I have 7 more to go and then its sweet maintenance. Just remember when you eat is huge...carbs early,spaced out small meals and workout so when you get there your not skinny fat

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, somebody actually outlost me. Congrats man.

I posted this in BBV earlier, might was well here. My most recent before/after picture.

I'm done tying weightloss to money, it kinda [censored] with my head, but I wish all of you good luck.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was kind of a unique situation that made it a little easier on me to shed it. I had a serious illness that left me bedridden 90% of 4 years. Previous to that I had always been an athlete and never above 215. Once I got better the first 50 came off from just becoming active again. The rest has been a struggle, but I was also still off work on a medical leave for a long time so I could totally spend myself working out without having to conserve energy for normal life things like work.
You look good dids and congrats.You kind of have a fuller face like me which means that people dont notice how much you have lost until its substansial. I had alrady lost like 70 lbs without hardly a comment until I hit a certain point where it seemed like everyone made a comment about it. It was the first time in a long time that I didnt completely dread going shopping. When I get the last 7-10 off I will try to find a before picture and post both. At my heaviest I was avoiding the camera hard but I am sure someone has a Christmas photo or something.
Old 08-12-2007, 11:54 PM

i'd like to lose 10-15 lbs. i'm currently 184, i should probably be 170. 6'0, 28 years old, btw.
Old 08-13-2007, 01:06 AM

6'4 359 ..... down from 428 in mid December

...Goals are staged...

340 by 9/5 ...my next Vegas trip...

320 by 10/13 in a wedding wearing an ivory tux (WTF)

305 by 11/15 end of 12 week scheduled program I am on that a bodybuilder buddy set me up on...taking 15 day break for Vegas and another wedding I have to go to...

...adding cardio and weights on monday to step this up and keep broad upper body, and arms....

...nothing worse than losing tons of weight and being weird shaped...

295 by mid december...marks 1 year and would be 133 lbs in that time...

...originally when I started I wanted to be 270 but living healthy with working out etc...but the more involved I get the more I am thinkin 230-250....

...figure as hudge as I was Ill probably need [censored] surgery for the skin thats gonna hang off me like a baggy sweater...and targeting beginning of spring for that...when I am 260-270ish...