Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-07-2007, 11:04 PM

Default Question for people who like Democracy

OK, let's look at a few issues:

1.) Term limits (Strict limits/Let the voters decide when they want change)
2.) Campaign funding laws (Should there be a limit, and where do you draw the lines?)
3.) Foreign heads of state (Which world leaders should not be allowed in the US/to speak at US universities?)
4.) Amending the Constitution (Who should have the authority to do it and under what circumstances?)

My question is, regardless of which side of the fence you fall on, *how* exactly do you feel and if you feel strongly what is it based on?

I mean, a lot of things in life "feel" right or wrong to me. You're comfortable with what you think and basically why you think it, even if you don't have all the detailed justifications, and it's important to you. I'm wondering if anyone really feels that way about these specific issues. Are any of these the types of issues where if someone disagreed, that little voice inside you would just be irked and you'd feel the need to defend your case?

Obviously I have a point I'm trying to hint at here (maybe it's obvious, maybe it isn't), but I'm also just trying to understand you and how you think. So please answer as honestly as you can.