Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-01-2007, 09:00 AM

Default Playing Premium hands from the Blinds in PS 0,50/1,00

How do you usually play premiums hand from the blinds against TAA players? (I suppose that if a make a Re-raise, and bet on the flop, if he don't connect most of the time he will fold, and I want to keep him in the hands.
For example:

POKERSTARS GAME #12940912494: HOLD'EM LIMIT ($0.50/$1.00) - 2007/10/30 - 16:13:02 (ET)
Table 'Duponta' 10-max Seat #4 is the button
Seat 1: Losicki ($40.40 in chips)
Seat 2: officepool12 ($9.80 in chips) 15/8/4.5(75 hands).
Seat 3: InJee ($10.75 in chips)
Seat 4: Top Ute ($20.65 in chips)
Seat 5: tituschalas ($60.85 in chips)
Seat 6: jet40 ($17.25 in chips)
Seat 7: mlpp81 ($8.05 in chips)
Seat 9: hobgoblin 67 ($32.85 in chips)
Seat 10: buzzardmeat2 ($26.45 in chips)
tituschalas: posts small blind $0.25
jet40: posts big blind $0.50 14/5/1.7 (180 hands)
dm78: sits out
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to tituschalas [ Ad As ]
mlpp81: folds
hobgoblin 67: folds
buzzardmeat2: folds
Losicki: folds
officepool12: raises $0.50 to $1
InJee: folds
Top Ute: folds
tituschalas: calls $0.75
jet40: folds
*** FLOP *** [ Kc Kd 2d ]
tituschalas: bets $0.50
officepool12: calls $0.50
*** TURN *** [ Kc Kd 2d ] [ Qd ]
tituschalas: bets $1
officepool12: raises $1 to $2
tituschalas: calls $1
*** RIVER *** [ Kc Kd 2d Qd ] [ 4h ]
tituschalas: bets $1
officepool12: calls $1
*** SHOW DOWN ***
tituschalas: shows [ Ad As ] (two pair, Aces and Kings)

1- What do u thing that he have?
2- What do u thing about my play before and after the flop?
3- I am a fish or a genius?
[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 11-01-2007, 09:21 AM

Default Re: Playing Premium hands from the Blinds in PS 0,50/1,00

3-bet preflop.

If for some reason you don't feel like 3-betting preflop, then you should plan to check-raise the flop no matter what hits.

Yes, if villain was stealing with trash and misses the flop, he's going to fold and you'll miss a bet or two that you might have gotten if you had played passively. But you'll earn more when villain has something he's willing to go to showdown with, and defending aggressively with your big hands will balance out the times when you defend aggressively with marginal made hands and draws.
Old 11-01-2007, 09:26 AM

Firstly: http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php

Regarding the preflop call, it's not a terrible idea heads-up against most players, but you should nearly always c/r the flop when you do it (and the rest of the time probably slowplay to the turn). That way you still get your deception and your raise.

I think the rest of the postflop play is good if you were folding to a river raise. It looks like he probably had Qx.
Old 11-01-2007, 09:40 AM

thank you for your advices. The Villain finally has 9-9. The reason for call preflop it's to induce the BB enter to the pot also and to deceive the original Raiser.
regards.
Old 11-01-2007, 10:40 AM

I always 3-bet preflop in this spot. You are missing too much value by not getting in more money when you are winning. Build the pot bigger so that the villain has more incentive to call down with his 99.
Old 11-01-2007, 01:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The reason for call preflop it's to induce the BB enter to the pot also and to deceive the original Raiser.
regards.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont think that you should be trying to play your AA against more than one opponent by not raising pf.

Thats quite simply because even though you will remain a favourite to win the hand, you will become less likely to win the more opponents that you have.
Old 11-01-2007, 01:54 PM

Calling with premium in the blinds is terrible. Think about how much pooflinging goes on in blind play without premium hands.

IMO fastplaying premium against a steal is one of the most profitable situations in LHE as long as you defend with other hands as well. If you need to slow play, a decent line if you get action on the flop is call the raise and c-r turn. (but I would avoid that line in this hand given the flop)
Old 11-01-2007, 02:01 PM

Welcome to the forums. Your pre flop and flop play are pretty bad. You need to be getting more money in on these two streets. I don't know that you always have to 3-bet AA but being OOP its the best way to go. If you do just call pre flop check/raise the flop and at least gain back the bet you missed pre flop. Calling the raise and donking the flop is usually going to be the way to win the least here when ahead.
Old 11-01-2007, 02:59 PM

I misread the original post; I thought you were in the BB and I can see an argument for just smooth-calling there for deception purposes since the pot is already HU. I really hate your call from the SB. 3-betting in that spot is just about 100% mandatory.
Old 11-01-2007, 03:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Calling with premium in the blinds is terrible. Think about how much pooflinging goes on in blind play without premium hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

I should mention that last night I misread the hand thinking hero was BB. With hero as SB and BB to act I'd rather 3bet, simply because some hands will be correct to call 1 and if he has a hand he'll call 2 with, our PFR gets 3-5SB worth of other people's money in the pot. That's huge.

That said...how often do you defend your blind with a hand like T9s and flop top or second pair only to get aggressive with that? Lots of aggression goes on in blind battles but it's not all preflop.