Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Health and Fitness
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-15-2007, 01:20 PM

Default The 1 hour run

So I've been running 1 hour per day on the treadmill at my local gym everyday and the results are starting to get good.
Some things:

1. If you are Obese it is going to take some serious effort to change your body structure. running for 1 hour a day is tedious and hard but is a great way to change your life.

2. Bringing an Ipod makes the time pass faster.

3. I find that making sure u run EVERYDAY is crucial even if you don't get a great workout when ur feeling tired or whatever because it's all about forming a habit. Habits are hard to break but taking 1 day off makes it ez to take the next day off etc etc.

4. If you are obese like I am (or rather getting away from) you will find that running everyday puts alot of strain on your muscles/joints (knees especiall).
Even worse can be the irration of your skin from repeated movements and sweaty clothing.
I'm just saying this so u know ahead of time. The fact of that matter is that unless you have a real clinical injury you should try to maintain your workout EVERYDAY. Fighting through the pain is hard and tests your resolve.

In the end, i think it comes down to the fact that you have to pay the price for your unhealthy decisions that sometimes accumulate into a huge weight problem over the years.

On the brightside, putting in the effort everyday, you will see an improvement everday and can eventually achieve ur goal!!!