Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes

Old 11-30-2007, 08:02 AM

Default Re: 99 Squeeze against TAG and Donk

i'd raise to 20$ preflop. 99 is a premium hand, just behind aqo. your play on the flop is aggressive, fine, and probably getting you in trouble because you posted the hand..
Old 11-30-2007, 10:39 PM

Default Results

MP shoved, I called. He had A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and I stacked him. The thing that really messed me up here was UTG calling my preflop 3-bet. I had no idea what to do on the flop with an 85bb stack and 40bb in the pot against a range that's likely ahead of me. Once UTG checked and MP bet, I think my decision was pretty easy, but I definately felt really uncomfortable when the flop came down.

I think I just messed up on my preflop 3-bet size. MP is going call a 3-bet with whatever garbage he usually calls 3-bets with whether I make it 14 or 24 pf. UTG, however, will be more in a push or fold situation. I wanted to play this hand for stacks heads up against the donk, and 3-betting much bigger would have been the best way to do that. He might even have just shoved preflop if I raised bigger and UTG folded.