Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > Tournament Circuit/WSOP
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-21-2007, 11:51 AM

Default HPT $2000+200 Majestic Star

Is anyone planning on heading up to Chicagoland for this tourney next week? They are breaking it down into 3 days, so they must be anticipating a fairly large field.
Old 07-22-2007, 03:53 PM

Default Re: HPT $2000+200 Majestic Star

i'm playing, it may max out at 420....the last event was a near sell-out 208 capped at 210 (rumour has it that it was actually a sell-out, but, 2 players were caught pocketing chips from a satellite & were DQ'd from the ME)
Old 07-24-2007, 11:26 PM

Going to Gary tomorrow to punt some cash at the $45 STT satellites. then qualify, then win.

is it weird that im excited to go to Gary, Indiana?
Old 07-24-2007, 11:31 PM

playing in the 1 pm qualifier tomorrow...,may seeyou there.

don't be excited, about gary or ms, both are pretty weak.
Old 07-24-2007, 11:35 PM

Alright, that sucks.

I wont be leaving til after work (5pm) so ill be there ~7 hopefully. Do those satellites run all night?
Old 07-25-2007, 01:52 AM

I went up there last weekend to try and qualify. We ended up getting there late and had to be put on the alternates list for the sat $450 qualifier. The poker room is so poorly run, and the tournament director wasn't allowing alternates to come with a full stack of 10k, he had 700 taken out before you even sat down. I've never heard of bs like this. Needless to say I didn't play.
Old 07-25-2007, 12:13 PM

Just curious here, but how much does normally their main events run for the Heartland Poker Tour anyway (in case anyone wanted to buy in directly)?

(This as I'm considering going to the one the end of October in Iowa up around Des Moines)
Old 07-25-2007, 12:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I went up there last weekend to try and qualify. We ended up getting there late and had to be put on the alternates list for the sat $450 qualifier. The poker room is so poorly run, and the tournament director wasn't allowing alternates to come with a full stack of 10k, he had 700 taken out before you even sat down. I've never heard of bs like this. Needless to say I didn't play.

[/ QUOTE ]

duceseven, it's actually quite common for this to happen for any room that follows TDA (Tournament Director's Association) rules.

It's to take the place of the blinds you would of paid, had you sat down at the beginning, and is assessed to all alternates in any (poker) room that follows TDA Rules. If you had played at the WSOP the same thing would of happened had you been an alternate. It's the only fair thing (to the players that were from the start) to do.

IMO, with a stack of 10k, 700 isn't really much in the grand scheme of things for being able to come late to a event, sit down and still have a chance to win a seat.
Old 07-25-2007, 01:34 PM

I didn't have a problem with them taking out the blinds, I had a problem with them not informing everybody before the sat started. In fact 700 is pretty huge, almost 10% of your stack.

I believe the main event buyins are around 2500.
Old 07-25-2007, 03:12 PM

Thanks DS.

I think the problem was they 'Assumed' that everyone knew they (the card room) followed TDA rules, but I agree, it should be written down someplace or the Alternates told when they sign up that this is what is going to happen.

You might want to go to the HPT website:

http://www.newsite.heartlandpokertour.net/index.php

(the above link is accessable where normally the main website isn't from most workplaces)

and click on the contact us links here:

http://www.newsite.heartlandpokertour.net/contact.php

and send an e-mail to say Todd Anderson who runs the HPT and voice your concerns/displeasure on what happened to you.

They are still growing and it might not of occured to them that people who are alternates wouldn't know about that rule.

I've found them when I sent an e-mail to them recently, quite responsive, so I get the impression they do care what the public thinks about them and only want to improve the tour and resolve issues as they arise.