Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-17-2007, 11:18 AM

Default Re: Absolute Poker Scandal: An Inside Job

Yeah I hate to say it, but this Gaming Associates thing sounds like a white-wash attempt. I used to work for a statistical expert witness who would testify for the client at trials. Needless to say we never found any statistical evidence damning our client.

If AP were serious, they would hire a well known internet security auditor like we used to when I worked for a big corporation (I forget their name). They weren't there to rubber stamp anything, and the audit was really nerve-wracking. 95% of what they would be looking for isn't poker-specific, and they could bring in another expert for that stuff. This is like hiring Arthur Anderson in the later stages, when they were totally corrupt.

One good sign though is their mention of pressure from "business partners" and others. It shows they are at least taking this thing seriously.

I wonder if this auditor will even read these 2p2 threads or look at the HH that's started all this Scott Tom stuff. Or if they get a HH from AP with user 363 removed, who will they believe?
Old 10-17-2007, 11:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
ok guys, new thread time, best cliffs notes job gets to start it, etc. etc.

stay tuned for more potentially exciting implications by the end of today

[/ QUOTE ]

I think posting Nat's summary from his blog along with a link to the 1K mtt HH are good cliff notes
Old 10-17-2007, 11:20 AM

Alan Pedley was there and he is currently on GA's staff of consultants. They aren't lying about that, but I *do* have my reservations regarding GA. It doesn't make sense to hire GA to do this investigation if you want the very best investigation you can get. It looks more like they're trying to save money on the investigation and not get hassled.
[ QUOTE ]
re: the legitimacy of the auditors.

They claim "Our staff includes the only interactive gaming consultant in the world recognised as sufficiently expert to be summonsed as a witness before the 1999 Australian Senate Select Committee into Australia's Online Gambling Industries"
Source: http://www.gamingassociates.com/Pages/aboutus.aspx

The list of witnesses to that inquiry is online at http://www.aph.gov.au/Senate/committ...report/e04.pdf

1) There was no organisation called "Gaming Associates" to be represented in those hearings.

The closest options are:
Global Gaming Services Pty Ltd
WWWagering and Gaming Consultants Pty Ltd
eBet Ltd

2) All three groups spoke in Sydney; the transcript is available online at http://www.aph.gov.au/hansard/senate/commttee/s2663.pdf

I'll read #2 soon.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-17-2007, 11:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Did anyone else actually GET that email?

I sure didnt.

[/ QUOTE ]

It was in response to my request to permanently close my account in light of the mounting evidence of corruption.
Old 10-17-2007, 11:21 AM

GA is pretty rinky dink. I don't know why they didn't select a larger, more well-known independent auditor.
[ QUOTE ]
According to Kahnawake's "regulations" page, Gaming Associates should already be completing monthly audits of AP.

I also emailed them (Gamingassociates.com) like 12 hours ago about this and haven't seen any sort of response yet.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-17-2007, 11:23 AM

Why is this in bbv ? When this is the truth dont put it into the [censored]-only-forum please..
Old 10-17-2007, 11:24 AM

Doesn't anyone else find this "piling on" on Absolute a bit ludicrous? I mean, some of the criticisms that go by here - I just cannot imagine what is going on in people's heads. We had one example earlier where Absolute's reserving the right to pursue equitable remedies was interpreted as suggesting they could put out a hit on people.

Below is another weird comment, where someone (I believe he claims to be an engineer) argued that when Absolute said that no person had access to hole cards, it could not conduct collusion investigations since, after all, it would not know what the hole cards were! (For that matter, how could anyone even play Hold'em - they couldn't see their own hole cards).

I just don't know whether what we are seeing here is good faith mistakes; trolls; or some weird mob psychology effect.

Not to pick on this poster, I mean, it happens a lot in this thread. I just don't know what are people are thinking.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Specifically, Absolute Poker’s internal investigation determined that it is impossible for any person, device, program, script or other means to see hole cards.

[/ QUOTE ]

This statement sure seems troubling to me. If it's impossible for any person to see hole cards, how in bloody hell can they be handling more common collusion/cheating investigations let alone something as blatant as the "super accounts"?

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-17-2007, 11:27 AM

You're right, we should lay off the company that harbors and protects thieves.

What?
Old 10-17-2007, 11:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
ok guys, new thread time, best cliffs notes job gets to start it, etc. etc.

stay tuned for more potentially exciting implications by the end of today

[/ QUOTE ]

I can do this but cannot start it for a few hours thanks to actual work.
If someone steps up- great. If it isn't done in next couple hours I'll check back.
Old 10-17-2007, 11:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Below is another weird comment, where someone (I believe he claims to be an engineer) argued that when Absolute said that no person had access to hole cards, it could not conduct collusion investigations since, after all, it would not know what the hold cards were! (For that matter, how could anyone even play Hold'em - they couldn't see their own hole cards).

[/ QUOTE ]

Read that a couple more times. Maybe you'll see the problem most of us here have with AP issuing a statement like that.
Closed Thread