Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-17-2007, 07:02 PM

Default Re: In the land of the blinds . . .

I called him down of Course and he flipped over pocket 33's
Old 11-18-2007, 07:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If he's mindlessly laggy, then this is fine and I'd just call down the 3-bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

If he is 'mindlessly laggy' then shouldn't we be raising for value?
Old 11-18-2007, 08:23 AM

Default oath for playing the extreme lag

"Villian is extremely LAG"

i will try to get into a raising war on the flop. if that fails i will try to get into a raising war on the turn. i will not worry about or care too much if he ends up having me beat; i will just happily give him the extra bets he is entitled to for the action he brings. i will do the above happily smiling and vigorously throwing in chips carelessly. i will expect this type of opponent to do the same with me whether he has me beat or not because i will have set in his mind from previous encounters that it is fun and exciting to get into raising wars with me whether he has me beat or not. i will follow the theory that lags give action so lags get action and i will expect to win tons from them because i will make it my goal to be the one they seek out and like playing pots with. i will still play tighter than them and i will still use more poker sense than them, but i will do all i can to isolate them and teach them to love splashing chips with me. i will befriend them and i will not get angry when they beat my head in with rags, i will instead laugh and share in their glee as they wreak havoc on otherwise sane sensible responsible gambling. i will recognize the difference between lags that are full of the gambool who almost always lose and the rare expert lag who intends to dismantle my game by tilting me into more of a lag than him (in fact my ultimate goal as a player will be to become this type of player myself if so inclined and able). i will respect the value of the lag and what he teaches us about the game and the profits he so dearly provides.

(inspired by death donkey's deuces crakced article "lags get paid")
Old 11-18-2007, 03:30 PM

Default Re: KK\'s against the one eyed man (literaly)

This is a tough spot. I think you should have just raised the flop. If he 3-bets the flop, and he is an extreme lag, then exactly at that point it becomes WA/WB, and I think you should just call down all the way to the river. (I think your first flop raise is "for value" but the instant he puts in any more action, whether on the flop, or turn, it changes to WA/WB).

As played I guess you have to call down because he is an "extreme LAG" but i don't like the way the hand is playing out.
Old 11-18-2007, 04:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If he's mindlessly laggy, then this is fine and I'd just call down the 3-bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

If he is 'mindlessly laggy' then shouldn't we be raising for value?

[/ QUOTE ]

Even really dumb lags don't 3-bet the turn on paired boards without having the goods a significant percent of the time. Once in a while you'll find that true maniac that will happily go 4 bets here with virtually anything, but as I said in my post, if villain is really that crazy, then OP wouldn't even have to ask us what to do.
Old 11-18-2007, 10:19 PM

Default Re: KK\'s against the one eyed man (literaly)

wow you guys are taking lines that earn you way way too little against an "extreme lag". against lags you need to get dirty to win the most long run. dont be afraid to put some bets in. this reminds me of the thing ja sucker told me about losing the right amount in a hand. certain players, certain situations, certain cold decks barring any extra exceptional reads you need to lose the correct amount of bets (in this case a lot) in order to have played the hand right.
Old 11-18-2007, 10:52 PM

Default Re: oath for playing the extreme lag

[ QUOTE ]
"Villian is extremely LAG"

i will try to get into a raising war on the flop. if that fails i will try to get into a raising war on the turn. i will not worry about or care too much if he ends up having me beat; i will just happily give him the extra bets he is entitled to for the action he brings. i will do the above happily smiling and vigorously throwing in chips carelessly. i will expect this type of opponent to do the same with me whether he has me beat or not because i will have set in his mind from previous encounters that it is fun and exciting to get into raising wars with me whether he has me beat or not. i will follow the theory that lags give action so lags get action and i will expect to win tons from them because i will make it my goal to be the one they seek out and like playing pots with. i will still play tighter than them and i will still use more poker sense than them, but i will do all i can to isolate them and teach them to love splashing chips with me. i will befriend them and i will not get angry when they beat my head in with rags, i will instead laugh and share in their glee as they wreak havoc on otherwise sane sensible responsible gambling. i will recognize the difference between lags that are full of the gambool who almost always lose and the rare expert lag who intends to dismantle my game by tilting me into more of a lag than him (in fact my ultimate goal as a player will be to become this type of player myself if so inclined and able). i will respect the value of the lag and what he teaches us about the game and the profits he so dearly provides.

(inspired by deathdonkey's deucescracked article "lags get paid")

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

-DeathDonkey