Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-16-2007, 05:01 PM

Default AKo, what am I doing wrong? (bbv?)

ran at like 2.8bb/100 during this stretch which I think is underperforming (obviously) but I 8 table 100 & 200 nl. I don't auto-stuff AK to 3 or 4 bets and don't really feel like I'm doing anything wrong. In fact during all these hands the tally for all in preflop for stacks is:

lost vs 33 (duh)
lost vs AA in BvB
lost vs QQ
lost vs QQ

and never won after an all in preflop for 100bb, in fact biggest pot I won wasn't even a full stack. Just variance I'd assume? What are people with robust db's running at with AK? Seems ridiculous that I'd lose money with it long term.
Old 11-16-2007, 05:06 PM

Default Re: AKo, what am I doing wrong? (bbv?)

600 hands, this is just variance and not to mention u lost 4 buyins in std spots, which accounts for a big part of the losses
Old 11-16-2007, 05:22 PM

600 instances of one hand is not just variance
Old 11-16-2007, 05:23 PM

Grue, post your 5 biggest losers here. I mean the 5 hands where you lost the most. You can sort PT by Net BB in the "game notes" tab (I think, at work now)
Old 11-16-2007, 05:32 PM

There are some things that seem unusual with your numbers at a glance. Of course keep in mind that you really can't tell too much from stats, so you should take this all with a grain of salt.

First off is the 54% W$WSF. That is very low for AK. You will have the best hand way more than 54% of the time, and your results should generally reflect that. 60% would be a fair bare minimum. This is likely a result of passive play with the hand. It doesn't have to connect to win. If your opponent doesn't have a pocket pair he's going to miss the flop 66% of the time, and you'll always have the best hand when you both miss. 60% seems like a very marginal W$WSF% with AK. Something's wrong when it's 54.

I'd be willing to guess you probably play pretty tightly preflop and generally passive postflop. This is going to make AK a hella hard hand to play. Your preflop tightness means you'll never be getting it against worse preflop. The preflop tightness paired with the postflop passivity means you'll rarely get called down by worse when you connect, and you'll rarely be pushing people off better hands when you miss.
Old 11-16-2007, 06:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Grue, post your 5 biggest losers here. I mean the 5 hands where you lost the most. You can sort PT by Net BB in the "game notes" tab (I think, at work now)

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
There are some things that seem unusual with your numbers at a glance. Of course keep in mind that you really can't tell too much from stats, so you should take this all with a grain of salt.

First off is the 54% W$WSF. That is very low for AK. You will have the best hand way more than 54% of the time, and your results should generally reflect that. 60% would be a fair bare minimum. This is likely a result of passive play with the hand. It doesn't have to connect to win. If your opponent doesn't have a pocket pair he's going to miss the flop 66% of the time, and you'll always have the best hand when you both miss. 60% seems like a very marginal W$WSF% with AK. Something's wrong when it's 54.

[/ QUOTE ]

thx for infos.

[ QUOTE ]
I'd be willing to guess you probably play pretty tightly preflop and generally passive postflop. This is going to make AK a hella hard hand to play. Your preflop tightness means you'll never be getting it against worse preflop. The preflop tightness paired with the postflop passivity means you'll rarely get called down by worse when you connect, and you'll rarely be pushing people off better hands when you miss.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmm well I like my numbers where they are (though obviously I suck with SC's too). My current stats are: 20vpip 15pfr 22wtsd (kinda low?) pfaf 2.8 faf 5.3 taf 3.1 river 2.6 total af 3.2. Maybe you're right though I might just be being bullied when I miss the flop with AK
Old 11-16-2007, 06:50 PM

No, I meant post the HHs for the 5 AK hands where you lost the most money.
Old 11-16-2007, 06:57 PM

------------------
HAND #1
------------------

Villain terrible donkey

Full Tilt Poker, $0.50/$1 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 Players
LeggoPoker.com - Hand History Converter

BTN: $311.35
SB: $84.05
BB: $91.50
UTG: $99.70
Hero (MP): $124.75
CO: $95.20

Pre-Flop: K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (MP)
UTG folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $3.50</font>, CO folds, BTN calls $3.50, 2 folds

Flop: ($8.50) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $6</font>, <font color="red">BTN raises to $12</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $35.50</font>, BTN calls $23.50

Turn: ($79.50) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $85.75 and is All-In</font>, BTN calls $85.75

River: ($251) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players - 1 is All-In)

Results: $251 Pot ($3 Rake)
BTN showed T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (a full house, Jacks full of Tens) and WON $248 (+$123.25 NET)
Hero showed K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (a straight, Ace high) and LOST (-$124.75 NET)

------------------
HAND #2
------------------

Full Tilt Poker, $0.50/$1 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 5 Players

Hero (UTG): $100
CO: $82.90
BTN: $75.30
SB: $28.25
BB: $107.85

Pre-Flop: A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (UTG)
<font color="red">Hero raises to $4</font>, CO folds, BTN calls $4, SB folds, BB calls $3

Flop: ($12.50) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (3 Players)
BB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $9.50</font>, BTN calls $9.50, <font color="red">BB raises to $19</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $96 and is All-In</font>, BTN folds, BB calls $77

Turn: ($214) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players - 1 is All-In)

River: ($214) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players - 1 is All-In)

Results: $214 Pot ($3 Rake)
Hero showed A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (two pair, Aces and Jacks) and LOST (-$100 NET)
BB showed J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (a full house, Jacks full of Aces) and WON $211 (+$111 NET)

------------------
HAND #3
------------------

Yeah pretty bad vs reg, felt he might be messing around though.

Full Tilt Poker, $0.50/$1 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 4 Players

Hero (SB): $108.20
BB: $146.75
UTG: $94.70
BTN: $98.50

Pre-Flop: A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (SB)
2 folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $4</font>, BB calls $3

Flop: ($8) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $6</font>, <font color="red">BB raises to $18</font>, Hero calls $12

Turn: ($44) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">BB bets $32</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $86.20 and is All-In</font>, BB calls $54.20

River: ($216.40) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players - 1 is All-In)

Results: $216.40 Pot ($2 Rake)
Hero showed A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (Ace King high) and LOST (-$108.20 NET)
BB showed 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (three of a kind, Nines) and WON $214.40 (+$106.20 NET)

------------------
HAND #4
------------------

UTG: $96
MP: $129.30
CO: $134.65
BTN: $98.50
SB: $45.30
Hero (BB): $103.05

Pre-Flop: A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (BB)
UTG folds, <font color="red">MP raises to $3</font>, 2 folds, SB calls $2.50, <font color="red">Hero raises to $12</font>, MP calls $9, SB folds

Flop: ($27) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">MP bets $15</font>, Hero calls $15

Turn: ($57) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">MP bets $15</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $76.05 and is All-In</font>, MP calls $61.05

River: ($209.10) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players - 1 is All-In)

Results: $209.10 Pot ($3 Rake)
MP showed 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (three of a kind, Sixes) and WON $206.10 (+$103.05 NET)
Hero showed A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (a pair of Kings) and LOST (-$103.05 NET)

------------------
HAND #5
------------------

MP: $117.15
CO: $100.50
BTN: $145.20
Hero (SB): $100.50
BB: $171.90
UTG: $103.10

Pre-Flop: K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (SB)
UTG calls $1, MP calls $1, 2 folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $6</font>, BB folds, UTG calls $5, MP calls $5

Flop: ($19) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (3 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $13.50</font>, UTG calls $13.50, MP folds

Turn: ($46) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">UTG bets $29</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $65.50</font>, <font color="red">UTG raises to $83.60 and is All-In</font>, Hero calls $15.50 and is All-In

River: ($208) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players - 1 is All-In)

Results: $208 Pot ($3 Rake)
Hero showed K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (a pair of Aces) and LOST (-$100.50 NET)
UTG showed 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (three of a kind, Sevens) and WON $205 (+$104.50 NET)