Default Re: NCAA Bowl Thread

We are looking like [censored] here.

[img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 12-21-2006, 11:15 PM

Oregon is the most overrated team whose name doesn't rhyme with "Kotre Bame"
Old 12-22-2006, 12:11 AM

At least Notre Dames players can catch the ball when its throw to them. Oregon is just god awful. I wonder how did they beat Oklahoma...
Old 12-22-2006, 10:53 PM

So Troy played an awesome first half and kept Rice off balance the entire time. I thought Rice was going to come into this game and just blow Troy out...very wrong. Troy's oline is somewhat fun to watch, they are so synchronized in their blocks. It's exactly how zone blocking is supposed to work.
Old 12-22-2006, 11:24 PM

Some of the hits in this game have just been sick. These guys are laying some wood.
Old 12-23-2006, 06:20 AM

Needle77,
what's your opinion on letting the center control the snap count as they do at Troy?
Old 12-23-2006, 12:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Needle77,
what's your opinion on letting the center control the snap count as they do at Troy?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's kinda funny you ask that because me and my dad had a discussion about this last night.

Personally I'd never allow a center to control the snap count. I don't know much about the offense, but it seemed all the audibles came from the sidelines, but what if the center has started the cadence? If he doesn't here the sidelines call an audible there can be a big problem if he snaps the ball. But, they might have some sorta fail-safe for this, I just am not aware of it and I couldn't come up with one myself.

Having the center make the line calls is standard though. I much rather have my center make those calls than the QB. It takes less pressure off of a college QB, who already has enough to handle, and allows for more adjustments if the center can make those calls. I doubt the QB sits in film sessions with the offensive line, so I don't think he knows all of the strengths and weaknesses of the linemen, the center most likely does. That way he can help each individual with certain calls.

Anyway, back to the cadence, I just feel that the QB should handle that due to he sees the whole field and can make better audible calls, ect. And, what if you are in a hostile enviroment with an extremely loud crowd? Common sense says it's easier to hear a QB calling the cadence towards you then a center calling it towards the 2 technique in front of him.

tl;dr: QB should handle cadence, center should handle line adjustments.
Old 12-23-2006, 02:13 PM

Very Very Ugly start for ECU. Lou Holtz is crying a little bit.
Old 12-23-2006, 05:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Very Very Ugly start for ECU. Lou Holtz is crying a little bit.

[/ QUOTE ]

There are 4 and a half minutes left with ECU driving but let me just stay, wow. USF really dominated this game with Grothe in. Grothe is going to be a household name by the time he is a Junior. Brohm, Teel, White, Grothe, these are the names of the Big East QB's going into next year. They are some damn good QB's, depending if Brohm does not go pro.

Anyway, USF made a statement for the big east and beat up ECU. No not a power team but they did what they were supposed to do.

I'm really excited for this San Jose St vs New Mexico game. It's the New Mexico bowl, @ New Mexico, and I feel San Jose St. wins this game. They have had a terrific season, they are my dad's alma mater, and I love their coach. This team is on the rise and should compete with Boise St. for the WAC championship next year.

Edit: Small bitch. I hate how you can defer in high school and college football. If you win the toss you should have to recieve the ball.
Old 12-23-2006, 05:47 PM

even if Brohm goes pro, Cantwell is better