Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-16-2007, 12:23 PM

Default [PokerStars] Theme Question \"Hyper Simple + No Images\"

Dear All,

I just started playing at Stars but unfortunately I kinda hate the avatars, they often attract to much of my attention.

I found the "No Images Theme" but the colors are aweful.

Anyone knows how to use the "Hyper Simple Theme" without the images? That would be my favourite!

Thank you for any information.

Chris

PS: 1st post - plz don't mind mistakes, I am not native speaker.
Old 11-16-2007, 12:36 PM

Default Re: [PokerStars] Theme Question \"Hyper Simple + No Images\"

The No Images Theme's use a different base in the Stars client. The base controls the text colors, and a few other things. I personally prefer the No Images themes also. I just made my first 2 Themes for Stars. I have a Red & Yellow Images Theme, and a Red & Yellow No Images Theme, for a total of 4 themes. I am also starting to make patches for each theme to customize the look further. The first patches simply change the table shapes/colors.

My Themes are available at PSThemes.com in the Stars Themes by Fozzy section. . Send me a PM there and let me know if you have questions or want one.

No Images - Yellow w/ RaceTrack Table

Images - Red w/ Quarter View Table

Old 11-16-2007, 12:45 PM

I read that there might be some problems with the "scripts" like the "bet pot script" if you choose another theme. What about that? Will it work with your no-images themes?
Old 11-16-2007, 12:51 PM

Yes. My Themes use BetPot/Auto-Reloader compliant buttons.

My first versions of the Images (Grayshade2) theme didnt, and I had to make a Patch to replace the buttons/slider.

I multi-table 4-6 ring tables. I use BetPot (0.21s?), and Auto-Reloader, and Stars Planner. For some reason my Auto-reloader only reloads manually, but that is prolly my fault for editing the script.
Old 11-16-2007, 12:56 PM

So the theme on the 1st picture will work with the scripts?

I usually play full ring tables, but I asume it will look the same way?

Is it possible to change the BG color to a dark grey by simply editing the background.jpg?
Old 11-16-2007, 01:08 PM

Yes, it wool look the same at 9max. Stars has a built in Background selector menu.

Open a Table, select the Themes Menu from the button on the table. Then click Background button, and Enable Custom Background. Then you can browse and select any background image. You can browse and use any of the other themes backgrounds, any web image you might find, or any miscellaneous background. I have a small assortment of backgrounds, but I typically use black for the HUD.

Here are a few for example:

Old 11-16-2007, 01:23 PM

I cannot find the folder for the no images graphics. What files do you have to change to create your own "no images theme"?
Old 11-16-2007, 01:36 PM

Sorry. I am not here to teach you how to do it.

It took me a lot of time to learn how to make them and package them. If you would like to buy one of my themes I would gladly give you a good deal, as you are a 2+2'er. If you want me to teach you how to make it yourself so you can save $5 or $10 - you are out of luck.
Old 11-16-2007, 01:53 PM

Oh dear,

to save $5-10 is not what I am after. I just prefer to know things myself to create a unique theme for myself, because my preferences might not be usual.

Thought forums are about sharing knowledge, so I kindly asked some questions hopeing for some short answers.

But of course we are living in a capitalistic world. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-16-2007, 02:26 PM

If you really want to learn how to make your own theme, its not that hard to find the info. Its available on the pokerstars website.

http://www.pokerstars.com/poker/room/features/themes/

The link to the "Theme Integration Guide" is at the bottom of the page.

[ QUOTE ]
Thought forums are about sharing knowledge, so I kindly asked some questions hopeing for some short answers.

[/ QUOTE ]

No.

It would take me a lot of time to try and teach you everything involved in making a theme. I choose not to spend my time doing so. If you think thats cuz I want to get rich from you sending me $5, then you mis-interpreted my intention.

I spent many hours learning how to make my own themes for multi-tabling. I then spent many more hours packaging them into easy to use installers.

I made the installers cuz I got tired of teaching people how to make FT mods manually. I would constantly have to re-explain myself, because some people arent capable of copying/pasting/renaming files and code. The installers are there for just this reason. So I dont have to do what you are asking me to do.

I think $5-$10 is a pretty fair convenience fee. Once you installed one of my No Images themes, it would be very easy for you to modify it on your own, if you wanted to. It would then have its own XThemes folder (which the default no images theme DOES NOT).

Believe me I am not trying to get rich, nor will I ever doing this. I gave away all my Full Tilt work for free, for months. I posted my entire library of images on the web for anyone to download. They could then do as they wish with all my original works. I even taught them how to use/rename/install them.

*I Apologize in advance for this rant.

I know you are a noob here, so some free advice - you prolly shouldnt be talking about giving back to the forum. I have done lots of free stuff for the community. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Come back when you have more than 5 posts asking for free help, and we can talk.

Or read the integration guide and learn how to make your own themes.

Then post it here free for everyone to use, like I did for months.

/rant