Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-13-2007, 09:23 AM

Default Great Success! LOL Donkaments Playgrounds!

I received an e-mail and some pictures (more to come) from CEO Marian. I wonder when some young poker player will find these forums and tell us that he/she played on a BBV playground. (No trespassers, please, just children who went to the school.) I put the over/under at 4 years. I assume the person will be a play money or freeroll player, since these schools are in impoverished areas.

Hi Barry,

I will send transmit the pictures one at a time. It is Crum Elementary that has so many individual pieces including benches and picnic table and sling board, etc.

The first playground project was the American Indian Puente de Hozho School in Arizona which was $23,500. We are still waiting for actual pictures from that school. $6000 went to Crum Elementary, $6000 to Genoa Elementary and $6000 to Dunlow Elementary. These three Appalachian schools are in Kentucky.

We also allocated $1,100 to pay for 10 CI-enrolled students at East Ridge High School in our Appalachian Division to take a Junior Reserve Officers Training Corps (JROTC) class to earn a college credit. This request for assistance was a little outside the scope of assisting with playgrounds but they were so hopeful to be able to send these students that we hoped your group would be pleased that we were reaching out to the high school students as well.

And, we are sending funds monthly to provide assistance for 60 “waiting” children from the LOL Donkaments Fund. The generosity of you and your wonderful supporters is having a positive impact on so many children.

A total of $41,500 has been paid out for playground equipment, $1,100 for the JROTC and the remaining funds to assist the 60 “waiting” children. The contribution total was $49,117 which we have used. We are keeping the 60 “waiting” children in the Haven
Account so we can continue their assistance with any future contributions that may come in from those contributors that mention your name.

We are most grateful to you, Barry, for the wonderful example you have set for others to follow. You truly deserve the respect and admiration afforded you as is evident in the generous participation in the LOL Donkaments challenge.

I also want you to know that several of the gentlemen have made a second and third contribution and I always apply their contributions to this fund so we can follow it to see just how much you have raised on behalf of the children.

Thank you so much!

Marian

Here are the pictures:

[img=http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/4921/donkamentssu4.th.jpg]
Old 11-13-2007, 09:24 AM

Default Re: Great Success! LOL Donkaments Playgrounds!

P.S. sorry I don't know how to post images well, I did my best at 5 in the morning with school in 4 hours.
Old 11-13-2007, 09:25 AM

Default Re: Great Success! LOL Donkaments Playgrounds! *DELETED*

Post deleted by Gildwulf
Old 11-13-2007, 09:27 AM

Very nice how much?
Old 11-13-2007, 09:30 AM

shippin it crucial to the kids
Old 11-13-2007, 09:31 AM

i'd be interested in doing this again... but i want it to say loldonkaments or something on a swing somewhere... just b/c i can imagine 2 5 year olds like... wtf does loldonkaments mean??
Old 11-13-2007, 09:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i'd be interested in doing this again... but i want it to say loldonkaments or something on a swing somewhere... just b/c i can imagine 2 5 year olds like... wtf does loldonkaments mean??

[/ QUOTE ]

gl durrrr
Old 11-13-2007, 09:33 AM

Barry, thanks for helping 2+2 see the effects of the donations
Old 11-13-2007, 09:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
shippin it crucial to the kids

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-13-2007, 09:36 AM

this is great success