Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Moving from Party to PokerStars....
No, difference I’m still winning! 10 20.83%
No, difference I’m still a loser!? 0 0%
Easy money I’ve moved up a level(s) 6 12.50%
Hard times, had to move down a level(s) 6 12.50%
Not sure yet.... 26 54.17%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-16-2007, 08:27 PM

Default ALCS game 4: Wakefield vs Byrd

lol...this oughta be grand
Old 10-16-2007, 09:08 PM

Default Re: ALCS game 4: Wakefield vs Byrd

sox
Old 10-16-2007, 10:21 PM

fact: joe morgan providing commentary is the leading cause of suicide.

had to drive to the bank so i turn on the game

in a 5 minute span:

morgan: wakefield is an unusual pitcher because hitters hit better against him as the game progresses. the first time through the order hitters are .237 against him. the second time through the order hitters are .257. the third time hitters are .267. but hitters do hit better against all pitchers as the game progresses.

morgan: kenny lofton just tied derek jeter for 3rd on the all time postseason hits list and is 2 behind pete rose for 3rd.

forgivable, common lapse many commentators have.

morgan: (after the indians put up their 7th run of the inning) we're likely gonna hear the debate as to whether beckett should have started. i still think wakefield is the right guy to go. you can't win ball games if you can't score runs. (reminder: it is 7-0 with 2 men on at this point)

morgan: (after jon miller announces twice that kenny lofton got his 34th steal to break the all-time postseason mark held by rickey henderson) i don't care who's behind you or ahead of you: 34 steals is a lot.

i was banging my head against the steering wheel a lot.
Old 10-16-2007, 10:23 PM

Don't forget:

"What people don't realize is that lots of times HR's are rally killers. Yeah, you get those runs, but then the next guy usually makes an out and the inning is over"
Old 10-16-2007, 10:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]

in a 5 minute span:

morgan: wakefield is an unusual pitcher because hitters hit better against him as the game progresses. the first time through the order hitters are .237 against him. the second time through the order hitters are .257. the third time hitters are .267. but hitters do hit better against all pitchers as the game progresses.

morgan: kenny lofton just tied derek jeter for 3rd on the all time postseason hits list and is 2 behind pete rose for 3rd.

morgan: (after the indians put up their 7th run of the inning) we're likely gonna hear the debate as to whether beckett should have started. i still think wakefield is the right guy to go. you can't win ball games if you can't score runs. (reminder: it is 7-0 with 2 men on at this point)

morgan: (after jon miller announces twice that kenny lofton got his 34th steal to break the all-time postseason mark held by rickey henderson) i don't care who's behind you or ahead of you: 34 steals is a lot.

[/ QUOTE ]

hmmmmm
Old 10-16-2007, 10:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

in a 5 minute span:

[/ QUOTE ]

hmmmmm

[/ QUOTE ]

this is hilarious someone shoudl start a blog chronicling all the dumb things joe morgan says
Old 10-16-2007, 10:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

in a 5 minute span:

[/ QUOTE ]

hmmmmm

[/ QUOTE ]

this is hilarious someone shoudl start a blog chronicling all the dumb things joe morgan says

[/ QUOTE ]

hmmm
Old 10-16-2007, 10:33 PM

Damm.
Old 10-16-2007, 10:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Don't forget:

"What people don't realize is that lots of times HR's are rally killers. Yeah, you get those runs, but then the next guy usually makes an out and the inning is over"

[/ QUOTE ]

that is a gem