Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Health and Fitness
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-18-2007, 12:54 PM

Default Re: I eat a lot

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, I was expecting a more interesting thread. I eat more than this and I'm trying to lose weight. You should have called it "I eat a lot of bad food?" Would have at least been more accurate.

[/ QUOTE ]

How is anything in this thread, but the cookies, bad for you? Obviously you don't have a clue what you're talking about.
Old 09-18-2007, 12:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I guess just to be more constructive instead of critical, you really need to add some more protein to your diet early in the day. You basically have two meals with substantial protein in them during the day (at 12 and 5). I would try to make your meals more macronutritionally balanced and I think that would do you wonders.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been concerned about my protein intake. I don't have more than 20 minutes for breakfast in the morning, so I generally don't cook up eggs.

Do you have any good, high protein morning breakfasts?

I've been thinking about buying some Whey protein, and making a protein heavy shake in the morning to go with breakfast.

Thoughts?
Old 09-18-2007, 01:23 PM

The cereal (even basic) has a lot of heavily processed carbs and I'm not sure what exactly is in the juices you're talking about but I would guess that the sugar content is pretty high. While pomengranetes (sp?) are known to have good antioxidants, I would rather ditch the sugar from my diet.

Whey protein is definitely a great friend for those looking for easy protein intake. Personally, I prefer eggs in the morning as egg protein is one of the most complete proteins out there in terms of amino acid profile and is pretty quickly digested (similiar to whey) but not AS fast meaning it will leave you feeling fuller for longer. My typical breakfasts are 1 whole grapefruit and then an omelet with 5 egg whites, 2 whole eggs, spinach and mushrooms. [Just caught that you don't have time in the morning to cook up eggs hmmmmm - in which case I'd probably mix up some whey in skim milk. If you plan on keeping the cereal, just put whey in the cereal and then you basically have cereal plus chocolate milk]. I'll sometimes add a slice of wheat toast as well, depending on my calorie goals for the day.
Old 09-18-2007, 01:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]

5:30am - Bowl of Basic 4 cereal + two pieces of whole wheat bread with two tbsp of chunky PB

[/ QUOTE ]
Depending on the size of the bowl and milk used, the cereal will be ~400 cals, the bread ~120 cals, PB ~200 cals
Total: ~720cals

[ QUOTE ]

8:00am - 12oz cherry pomegranate juice + one chocolate chip cookie

[/ QUOTE ]
Not sure here, 12oz of juice? 100 cals (probably underestimating) and another 200 cals for the cookie (depends on the size)
total: 300cals

[ QUOTE ]

10am - 1.5 handfuls of almonds

[/ QUOTE ]
Assuming 20 almonds, 120cals.

[ QUOTE ]

12pm - Turkey sandwich with one slice of Kraft single cheese + a handful of fat free Lays + 12oz raspberry white tea

[/ QUOTE ]
Bread: 120cals. Turkey (2oz): 100cals, cheese 31cals, tea (not diet?) and some chips: 200cals
Total: 450 cals

[ QUOTE ]

5pm - two grille chicken breasts + 6 tbsp cottage cheese

[/ QUOTE ]
Each breast 4oz: 250cals, 50cals for the cottage cheese
Total: 300cals

[ QUOTE ]

8pm - two slices of PB toast approx two tbsp PB

[/ QUOTE ]
Bread: 120cals, PB: 200cals
Total: 320cals

[ QUOTE ]

11pm - handfull of spinach + 1.5 tbsp bleu cheese vinagrette

[/ QUOTE ]
Very few cals, maybe 100?

Grand total: ~2310 give or take a few hundred. Overall, you should be losing weight at your weight and height unless you are completely sedentary.
Old 09-18-2007, 04:17 PM

6'5"? That's pretty tall for a girl.

ok but really you hardly eat anything.
Old 09-18-2007, 07:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
No not trying to lose weight at all. I'm trying to lean up a bit and knock a few pounds of fat off my stomach.

Perhaps it's not a lot, but in comparison to my roommate, it's certainly a lot.

[/ QUOTE ]
well, which is it?
Old 09-18-2007, 08:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
No not trying to lose weight at all. I'm trying to lean up a bit and knock a few pounds of fat off my stomach.

Perhaps it's not a lot, but in comparison to my roommate, it's certainly a lot.

[/ QUOTE ]
well, which is it?

[/ QUOTE ]

there is a difference between trying to become lean, and losing weight. your sarcasm backfired on you.
Old 09-18-2007, 08:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, I was expecting a more interesting thread. I eat more than this and I'm trying to lose weight. You should have called it "I eat a lot of bad food?" Would have at least been more accurate.

[/ QUOTE ]

How is anything in this thread, but the cookies, bad for you? Obviously you don't have a clue what you're talking about.

[/ QUOTE ]

the juice cookie thing is pretty bad, and the bread/pb at night isnt great.
Old 09-18-2007, 08:23 PM

guids -

Yeah, I'll admit, when I'm working I occasionally grab a sweet. I usually don't eat before bed though.
Old 09-18-2007, 08:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I guess just to be more constructive instead of critical, you really need to add some more protein to your diet early in the day. You basically have two meals with substantial protein in them during the day (at 12 and 5). I would try to make your meals more macronutritionally balanced and I think that would do you wonders.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been concerned about my protein intake. I don't have more than 20 minutes for breakfast in the morning, so I generally don't cook up eggs.

Do you have any good, high protein morning breakfasts?

I've been thinking about buying some Whey protein, and making a protein heavy shake in the morning to go with breakfast.

Thoughts?

[/ QUOTE ]

cottage cheese + choco why powder

boiled the night before eggs

instant sausages

those microwave egg cookers are great too, take about 5 min, along with an instant sausage and 1 peice of wheat bread you have a nice to-go sandwich.