Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Video Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Chances this plan works? (Both professors let me make up the exams)
100% 12 4.27%
90% 32 11.39%
80% 47 16.73%
70% 48 17.08%
60% 30 10.68%
50% 40 14.23%
40% 14 4.98%
30% 21 7.47%
20% 13 4.63%
10% or less 24 8.54%
Voters: 281. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-03-2007, 10:55 AM

Default Re: Guitar Hero III

If there are any other noobs like me having trouble with dealing with the switch from medium to hard, here's something I've tried. I go to practice and I practice the bass parts on expert. They're usually repetitive enough that I can figure out simple hand shifts and what works and what doesn't. It's really helped me deal with the orange notes and HOPOs without the constant rejection of failing songs.
Old 11-03-2007, 11:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If there are any other noobs like me having trouble with dealing with the switch from medium to hard, here's something I've tried. I go to practice and I practice the bass parts on expert. They're usually repetitive enough that I can figure out simple hand shifts and what works and what doesn't. It's really helped me deal with the orange notes and HOPOs without the constant rejection of failing songs.

[/ QUOTE ]
Medium to Hard is definitely the biggest and most difficult transition in the game. It would be cool if there was a level in between with the 5th fret, but otherwise no additional difficulty piled on top of that.

Good tip practicing on the bass parts.
Old 11-03-2007, 11:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I got the Meet Your Maker achievement last night. If anyone cares about these things and wants a good chance to get it [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] , let me know and I'll play you.

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm interested in getting this
Old 11-03-2007, 12:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

the transition definitely is tough! i would also recommend practicing a song with a lot of hammer ons and pull offs. if you can learn hos/pos, you will have a much easier time with hard mode.
Old 11-03-2007, 01:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I got the Meet Your Maker achievement last night. If anyone cares about these things and wants a good chance to get it [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] , let me know and I'll play you.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're one of the creators of the game?
Old 11-03-2007, 02:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
And BTW the bass parts on expert have lots of opportunities to practice alt strumming.
Old 11-03-2007, 02:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You're one of the creators of the game?

[/ QUOTE ]
It's a 'viral' achievement. So if you beat someone who's beaten a creator, you also get the achievement.

So basically you get the achievement if you beat someone who already has the achievement.
Old 11-03-2007, 03:11 PM

fwiw, the jump from M to H should be a tiny bit easier now. Every difficulty has it's own fretboard scroll speed now where as in GH2 it was just slow on E and M and fast on H and X.
Old 11-03-2007, 04:17 PM

Default ~What

Picked up a copy today finaly, was the last one at my local costco (89$ FTW). What do I need to do to get signed up for the previously mentioned senior's league ? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-03-2007, 06:14 PM

Default Re: ~What

GH noob here. I was cruising along the easy level until I reached Raining Blood. This song is killing me. Am I in a lot of trouble in this game if I have trouble on easy and the blue hasn't even entered the equation yet.