5 0 0%
6 0 0%
7 0 0%
8 0 0%
9 0 0%
10 3 6.00%
Voters: 50. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-05-2007, 09:57 AM

Default Re: OT: High Stakes Fantasy Basketball -- Any Interest?

i am a HUGE basketball fan and would probably be down, but i have never played any form of fantasy basketball except on sportingnews and they have a diffrent format, so i dont really know how to play roto..
Old 10-05-2007, 11:39 AM

ejay - what was the format you played at sportingnews? I'd say roto is the easiest type to play. No setting lineups every week or anything.
Old 10-05-2007, 12:39 PM

sportingnews has their own format where you select a team and have a certain amount of trades every week and everyone is allowed to own who ever they want as long as they can fir in the salary cap. starting cap is 50mill for 10 players and at the start of the season people are priced based on last years performance and after the season starts their value goes up/down based on how many people buy or sell them that day..
Old 10-05-2007, 01:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Aite I just looked over the rules and I have 1 more problem.

#1 can you please change the can't cut list from Yahoo Sports to none? Nothing is worse than having one of those players on the can't cut list get a season ending injury and being unable to cut him, taking up a valueable bench spot in a league with only 3 bench spots.

[/ QUOTE ]

After guys get season ending injuries they get taken off the can't cut list.

H2H is so much better than Roto, usually with Roto you know who is going to win long before the season is over, it kind've takes the fun out of the end of the season. I mean I'm down for whatever. But just like real life injuries happen. If Tim Duncan gets hurt in the playoffs do the Spurs win last year, of course not. If your best player gets hurt in the playoffs of your fantasy league that's just the breaks.
Old 10-05-2007, 04:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Aite I just looked over the rules and I have 1 more problem.

#1 can you please change the can't cut list from Yahoo Sports to none? Nothing is worse than having one of those players on the can't cut list get a season ending injury and being unable to cut him, taking up a valueable bench spot in a league with only 3 bench spots.

[/ QUOTE ]

After guys get season ending injuries they get taken off the can't cut list.

H2H is so much better than Roto, usually with Roto you know who is going to win long before the season is over, it kind've takes the fun out of the end of the season. I mean I'm down for whatever. But just like real life injuries happen. If Tim Duncan gets hurt in the playoffs do the Spurs win last year, of course not. If your best player gets hurt in the playoffs of your fantasy league that's just the breaks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok then having a can't cut list is fine if what you say is true. All I ask that if someone gets injured for a while and a team wants to drop him, if for some reason the can't cut list doesnt take him off, that the commish still allow us to drop them.

And you must not have played in many competitive leagues. A ton of the time the top 5-6 people in roto leagues are all in the hunt for the title up until the few last weeks of the season, and a lot of the times the title chase comes down to the last day.

The playoffs would be fine, if the people in fantasy knew they were actually playing in the fantasy playoffs instead of resting up for the REAL playoffs and not playing/playing sparing minutes during meaningless regular season games that decide the fantasy title. A ton of times, players are healthy enough to play if they needed but teams rest them by either sitting them out completly or playing them sparing minutes because its the end of the reg season and they have either been knocked out of the playoffs or they are resting them for the real playoffs.
Old 10-05-2007, 04:26 PM
 is offline

Yeah, I've heard all the arguments and I think roto is the best format to go with.

As for the Can't Cut List, we'll leave it as Yahoo List. Does anyone know if this can be overridden during the season if Paul Pierce decides to sit out the second half of the season again with a hangnail? Usuaully they update it, but sometimes there's a lag, which can be annoying.

PS - Anyone else interested, please sign up for the league and send your monies.
Old 10-05-2007, 04:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, I've heard all the arguments and I think roto is the best format to go with.

As for the Can't Cut List, we'll leave it as Yahoo List. Does anyone know if this can be overridden during the season if Paul Pierce decides to sit out the second half of the season again with a hangnail? Usuaully they update it, but sometimes there's a lag, which can be annoying.

PS - Anyone else interested, please sign up for the league and send your monies.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do they give you an option to make a custom can't cut list? So we can avoid any lag in somebody being taken off the list.
Old 10-05-2007, 04:32 PM
 is offline

nope, either Yahoo Default or None
Old 10-05-2007, 04:37 PM
 is offline

For Payouts, since there's no playoffs anymore, let's go with this:

10-players:
1st - $7K
2nd - $3K

12-players:
1st - $7.5K
2nd - $3.5K
3rd - $1K

In both cases, last place also has to pay first place an addition $1K.
Old 10-05-2007, 07:01 PM

If I want to get in how do you pay your entry fee.