Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-16-2007, 05:56 AM

Default Do I push all-in with 2 shortstacks?

Button <font color="#C00000">HERO ($26.28)</font>
SB SB ($16.13)
BB <font color="#C00000">BB ($1.48)</font>
UTG ($33.41)
UTG+1 ($3.55)
MP <font color="#C00000">MP ($0.50)</font>
MP ($4.00)
CO-1 ($12.05)
CO ($14.61)

Preflop: HERO is on the Button with K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
UTG calls 0.25, 1 fold, MP calls 0.25, 3 folds, HERO raises to 0.50, SB raises to 0.65, BB raises to 0.75, 1 fold, MP moves all-in for 0.25, HERO calls 0.50, SB calls 0.25.

I believe that the range of the shortstacks would be Ace rag, broadway, or a small to mid pair, so I raised. I want to push out the SB too. In addition I'm on the button, so flop might be checked to me. However SB is not shortstacked, his raise OOP worry me a bit, but I decided to call and see the flop.

Flop (3.75) 4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
SB checks, BB bets 0.25, HERO raises to 0.50, 1 fold, BB moves all-in for 0.23.

I didn't hit, but decided to raise to push SB out, and put BB all in. Appropriate move?

Turn (4.73) 6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

River (4.73) Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

So comments guys?
Old 09-16-2007, 07:06 AM

Default Re: Do I push all-in with 2 shortstacks?

Wrong forum. You probably aren't going to make a lot of money pushing with K high though.
Old 09-16-2007, 07:27 AM

Wrong Forum. Your reasoning sounds good, but your bets are too small...
Old 09-16-2007, 07:39 AM

Right forum. If the above post is honestly not a level i am going to print it out and frame it on my wall.
Old 09-16-2007, 07:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Wrong Forum

[/ QUOTE ]

did you read the OP?...I mean, really read it

kerowo, please be punishing yourself with a suitable lolcat. mkaythx.

fwiw to me this is actually an kind of an interesting situation.

oh and I like the way this is played...these dudes can easily be stacking off so pairing a K or Q can win it. I dont want SB foiling heros' fiendish plan to get this guys money. basically Im not folding my 2 overcards here so we may as well make sure SB is disposed of.
Old 09-16-2007, 07:54 AM

Right forum! [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

Nice hand. I like the the flop raise!
Old 09-16-2007, 08:17 AM

I like the raise too. people want to get rid of their stacks so they can quit so he can have like 9 high here. nh
Old 09-16-2007, 08:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
these dudes can easily be stacking off so pairing a K or Q can win it. I dont want SB foiling heros' fiendish plan to get this guys money. basically Im not folding my 2 overcards here so we may as well make sure SB is disposed of.

[/ QUOTE ]

Aussie what hands would you be hoping for SB to be fold ?

What I mean, is what hands might SB have that would beat you if you paired your K or Q, that he would probably fold to a raise ?
Old 09-16-2007, 09:03 AM

well I dont want SB around to put pressure on and force ME out of the pot when I either have a better hand than him or would have made the best hand when all cards are out.

This is a pretty big pot (the size in the OP is not small or big bets...it is $ amount). Since we are playing our hand we raise it up. He may fold weak hands here that are better than our K high allow us to sometimes win unimproved against 2 all in donks. Im not going to do any maths but if we improve our chance to win by a few percent and/or buy a couple of outs then thats pretty good, eh?

If he folds A high here or something like bottom pair because LDO we have a big pair when he would have spiked another pair or two at the same time (or on diff street) we hit a K or Q then thats a big victory for us. In short, big pot, lets increase our %age chance of winning it, if he folds a hand that has us reverse dominated then thats sweet (eg K4, Q4).

of course all this still requires hero to beat 2 all in players to win the pot [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-16-2007, 09:43 AM

I understand what you are saying, and we dont have a read on the SB. However, I would have considered it somewhat unlikely for the SB to have 3-bet pf with hands which reverse dominate us like K4,Q4,K7 or Q7. Even KT &amp; QT seem unlikely.

I also dont think that the SB would fold hands that dominate us like AK or AQ.

We would overtake hands like AT,88,99 or JJ if we paired our K or Q, but we were not planning on folding if the SB bet anyway.

I suppose its not really a big deal, but it just seems to me as though we might be helping one of the blinds to protect an Ax hand and making the pot slightly bigger as well.

So, I am not sure whether we are really improving our winning chances by knocking out the SB. Thats all.

Had to think of something to say for my 2,400th post. LOL. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]