Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-23-2007, 12:04 PM

Default Re: ($27) JJ gets in a weird spot

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU PLAYED A $16 OR $27?

Just curious.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't remember because I play good in spots like this and moved up really quickly.

Also the only reasons to shove preflop here are
1. I'm 54543454 tabling and don't have time to take a thin edge by raising to 250.

2. I'm not good enough at postflop play with 2x pot behind.

Also 250>300 here. Think about how shallow we are it is not necessary to make a 3 bb raise. I might raise 225 here. One of the major reasons to raise preflop is too build a pot, however, we are so shallow your preflop raise can be small because any raise is building the pot at an appropriate leve.

[/ QUOTE ]

are you always stacking off on the flop then?
Old 02-23-2007, 12:11 PM

No,
I play as I would usually play postflop.
Old 02-23-2007, 01:23 PM

i would push this pf, if for no other reason than to avoid this situation. as played i'm pushing to charge draws/fold out weak queens. i see too many donks who are willing to commit significant portions of their stack, but will fold when facing an all in. minbets don't scare me.
Old 02-23-2007, 02:36 PM

I really like this thread for no other reason than there are several very good players arguing about it...It didn't have to turn ugly though.

For me: PF I push 100% of the time if I have 65 chips fewer, and raise to t275 100% of the time if I have 40 chips more, so very interesting PF decision for me. Since BB is so short, I think it turns into a shove in this spot since he's probably going to be calling a little lighter.

SB sucks obv, and he isn't going to fold any Q or better. BB sucks obv and you have him destroyed. I'd make an 11:1 (or whatever) crying call.
Old 02-23-2007, 02:51 PM

I prob alternate between 275 and shove pf, depending how cally the table has been and how many tables I'm playing. Shoving is fine really, especially at lower buyins.

Flop- Meh.
Old 02-23-2007, 03:00 PM

Preflop is fine, pushing is obv fine as well.

Flop seems like a really easy shove. I'm not sure why some people are so adamantly arguing fold when someone bets the minimum and then someone calls the minimum on a board with 700 draws on it. This is a queen or better like 3% of the time and a draw or 9x or whatever like 400% of the time. Roughly.

Also I hate calling here because how many turns do you like? Honestly. Do you like a club? A card that fills a straight? An overcard? Hell for that matter, what do you when the turn blanks and SB donks 200 into the pot?

I hate calling and I hate folding so that pretty much leaves 1 option.
Old 02-23-2007, 03:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Also I hate calling here because how many turns do you like? Honestly. Do you like a club? A card that fills a straight? An overcard? Hell for that matter, what do you when the turn blanks and SB donks 200 into the pot?

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah, Wiggs beat me to it. IMO push>fold>>>call.

If you just decide to call here (>10% of your stack), what's your plan on the turn?

This lead by SB is very often a probe bet. So, what's a probe bet? Well, he's asking you for an answer on the strength of this hand. By just calling you have given him the answer he was looking for. So, even if the turn blanks off, you are very likely facing a larger bet on the turn from this guy that now thinks his middle pair is good. And this is if the turn blanks.

However, basically half of the deck will be scare cards and then what do you do? You can't really go betting at a multi-way pot when a scare card hits.
Old 02-23-2007, 04:50 PM

DL,
Push>>>>>>>>>>>&g t;>>>>>>>Call>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>&g t;>>>>>>>>Fold
I have gone into the merit of pushing a bunch of times here. I don't want to do it again.
Folding you are often folding the best hand while getting a million to 1 calling has to be better than folding