FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Which Landlord(s)?
Mr. and Mrs. Roeper 1 11.11%
Mr. Furley 8 88.89%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-16-2007, 08:23 PM

Default Charity and poker

Hello.

Im pretty new to this site but i have a question i would really like to get peoples oppinion on.

Ive made a website with rakebackdeals and bonusses like that (just getting the final touches on it and will be running in a week), but thats not the important part, thats just to get costumers so i can raise alot of money for charity.

Within the last couple of years ive lost several familymembers to cancer, witch is going to be the first of many ill support to help with the reserch for finding a cure that could help save millions of lives.

What i want to know is how much pokerplayers care about charity, and if they would help if it diddent cost them anything?

The way ill make it work is that i offer the same rakebackdeals as other rakebacksites, but the money i make from those deals i wont just put in my pocket, ill split it up in 3 portions:
1. will go to charity, donated in the players name (i dont care whos name is on there) - if it gets big, ill make a feature so the player can decide witch orginization should recive the money that he/she raised, and untill then ill take suggestions if the players have some ideas on where the money would be best spent.
2. this portion will be put into events for the players, witch would bring more people to the site witch obviously would help raise more money.
3. this portion would go to me so i can have a roof over my head while im running this project, i dont think i could make it work from a sleepingbag on the streets.

Every month after the money raised have been put together ill either videotape or take pictures of me taking the money to the orginization, so you can know for sure that the money raised acutally ends up in the right place, and know that you made this possible and help make this world a better place for the people in need of help.

Before i go, i would like to appologize for spellingerrors, im pretty tired and english is not my first language.

I hope you all have a pleasant day.
Old 03-16-2007, 09:01 PM

Default Re: Charity and poker

I warned this poster. I think it was an ignorance of the rules and not a blatant attempt at spam. What is the best thing to do with this post? Delete it? Feel free to delete, edit or leave here as desired.

Thank you,

Jim Kuhn
Catfish4u
[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]