Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > BBV4Life
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-28-2007, 04:59 PM

Default Re: I\'m getting surgery Friday

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I've had a kidney taken out because there was a tumor on it. The tumor wasen't growing very fast, but they thought I'd better have it out.
Obviously it hurt like hell and I thought the nurse was kidding when she said I needed to get up and walk a bit the next day. But it helped a lot and I was back on my job 10 days after the operation.

Good luck with your operation.

[/ QUOTE ]

Holy [censored] that's a serious operation. How old were you when you had it? What was your mental state like the night before and day of the surgery?

[/ QUOTE ]
Sorry I missed your reply.

It was about 4 years ago, so I was 38. A couple of years before that I got diagnosed with testicular cancer and had one of my testicles removed. That was a fairly painless operation and I only stayed at the hospital for a single night.

They did lots of tests on me during that time and an abdominal scan revealed something on my kidney.

They then did some tests and tried taking samples of it with some pretty big needles. But they couldn't find out if it was something malign or not. After following it for a year and a half, they decided they'd better open me up to see what it was. It wasen't growing fast and it seemed sort of contained, so I wasen't that worried.
During the operation they found out that it was slightly malign and that they'd better remove the kidney.

As far as I remember, I wasen't that scared when they did it. I was lucky to go to a good hospital and the staff was very professional and I felt like I was in good hands.

Getting diagnosed with cancer scared the [censored] out of me though and took a long time to get over. Tbh, I'm not back to normal, psychologically, yet. But I've also been pretty lucky that it attacked organs that I have a spare of. So it hasen't affected my daily life at all.

Sorry if some of the medical terms are wrong. English isn't my first language and medical terms in the US and here are very different. For instance what you call 'appendicitis' we call 'inflammation of the blind intestine'.

Again, good luck with your operation. And when it hurts, just remember that "pain is weakness leaving the body" [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-28-2007, 06:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I've had a kidney taken out because there was a tumor on it. The tumor wasen't growing very fast, but they thought I'd better have it out.
Obviously it hurt like hell and I thought the nurse was kidding when she said I needed to get up and walk a bit the next day. But it helped a lot and I was back on my job 10 days after the operation.

Good luck with your operation.

[/ QUOTE ]

Holy [censored] that's a serious operation. How old were you when you had it? What was your mental state like the night before and day of the surgery?

[/ QUOTE ]
Sorry I missed your reply.

It was about 4 years ago, so I was 38. A couple of years before that I got diagnosed with testicular cancer and had one of my testicles removed. That was a fairly painless operation and I only stayed at the hospital for a single night.

They did lots of tests on me during that time and an abdominal scan revealed something on my kidney.

They then did some tests and tried taking samples of it with some pretty big needles. But they couldn't find out if it was something malign or not. After following it for a year and a half, they decided they'd better open me up to see what it was. It wasen't growing fast and it seemed sort of contained, so I wasen't that worried.
During the operation they found out that it was slightly malign and that they'd better remove the kidney.

As far as I remember, I wasen't that scared when they did it. I was lucky to go to a good hospital and the staff was very professional and I felt like I was in good hands.

Getting diagnosed with cancer scared the [censored] out of me though and took a long time to get over. Tbh, I'm not back to normal, psychologically, yet. But I've also been pretty lucky that it attacked organs that I have a spare of. So it hasen't affected my daily life at all.

Sorry if some of the medical terms are wrong. English isn't my first language and medical terms in the US and here are very different. For instance what you call 'appendicitis' we call 'inflammation of the blind intestine'.

Again, good luck with your operation. And when it hurts, just remember that "pain is weakness leaving the body" [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

You sound like a strong man. Very good English BTW. Thx for the kind words
Old 11-28-2007, 11:19 PM

had my wisdom teeth out and my chin needed stiches once, do i win?
Old 11-28-2007, 11:54 PM

you should get your Vagina tightened while your at it.Next time wear a belt when your deadlifting that 50LBS
Old 11-28-2007, 11:57 PM

[quote
A couple of years before that I got diagnosed with testicular cancer and had one of my testicles removed.

[/ QUOTE ]

That sucks man.

Can I call you Johnny One-Ball?
Old 11-29-2007, 01:02 AM

What's the name of that new movie that's coming out where that kid goes under and wakes up and sees himself being operated on, and can feel the pain?
Old 11-29-2007, 07:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What's the name of that new movie that's coming out where that kid goes under and wakes up and sees himself being operated on, and can feel the pain?

[/ QUOTE ]

That [censored]'s called "Awake" and that [censored] is real. It's called anesthetic awareness. Definitely would suck and that movie couldn't have came out at the worst time.
Old 11-30-2007, 07:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That [censored]'s called "Awake" and that [censored] is real. It's called anesthetic awareness. Definitely would suck and that movie couldn't have came out at the worst time.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, didn't mean to scare you bro.
Old 11-30-2007, 07:47 AM

iv had 4 surgeries.
stay away from north Vietnamese surgeons; they are notorious for molesting ppl while under sedation

very few Vietnamese surgeons in US imo though.
Old 12-01-2007, 12:44 PM

TLR Surgery trip report-

The DJ on the radio was talkin about anesthetic awareness on the ride over. Got to the hospital at 7. Had two dudes ahead of me so they said I wouldn't be up til about 11. Sat in the pre-op room with the wife in my moo-moo and watched Good Morning America, Ellen, Price is Right. Got a boner during that time and didn't want to pop one during surgery so I told the wife to suck it off for me. She was scared cuz we were in a 6 partition room behind our curtain. I decided to rub one out and right when I was cummin she finished me off with some BJ. Wiped the cum on the sheets underneath of course. Finally got wheeled into another room at 11:30 where they hook up the IV and that's when I started to get nervous. The anesthesiolgist talked to me and told me the risks of surgery (death) and I signed a consent form. Other dudes try to small talk with me to make me feel comfortable. I was nervous but not scared or anything. Here's where the freaky ass part happened.

Last time I had this same surgery they slipped me a mickey in the room I was just talking about. So I never remembered getting taken to the operating room itself. This time they didn't. They said this surgeon liks to keep his patients aware when they arrive in the OR so they can state their name and side he was going to operate on. Freakiest, scariest [censored] i have ever been through. I get wheeled in to the room and the surgeon is standing at the foot of the operating table at parade rest. He has his mask on and I have the feeling he really gets off on this [censored]. He's an asian guy about 50 years old looked pretty evil. They have me scoot off of my comfortable hospital bed onto the actual operating table. It is a table just wide enough for a bidy to lay on with both legs straight. If I rolled in either direction the slightest I would roll off. It has two arm rests protruding off in a 45 degreee angle. Right next to me was the tray with the scalpel and tools on it. I was shaking and really cold. I wanted to just tell the to call the whole thing off. The last thing I remember is the lady behind me putting the gas over my face and telling me to take deep breaths. Than I woke up and it was over. It hurt like hell until they gave me a vicodin which helped a lot. I went to the recvery room where I had to eat and drink and piss before i was released. Got wheelchaired out to my wife's car and went home.

Cliff Notes: Got a partial BJ while waiting for my surgery. Got really freaked out seeing the crazy looking surgeon standing at parade rest like some sort of ritual sacrifice was bout to take place in the operating room. Got surgery. woke up and went home.