Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-18-2007, 05:41 PM

Default Re: Value-raising on Turn and River

[ QUOTE ]
Given the preflop bet, which I don't have an opinion about, I'd like to know why you wouldn't raise the flop. With position and for continuation (is that what c-bet means?), doesn't that let you know who is serious?

[/ QUOTE ]

That's pretty expensive information when you can be pretty sure you are behind anyway and if not, will often be soon. Raising does not win the pot here nor does it help you much to win it on the turn.

Don't bet or raise primarily for information, just stop doing it.

c-bet is a continuation bet i.e. leading the flop first-in when you were the last preflop bettor/raiser.
Old 11-18-2007, 06:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
whats with the preflop raise? I cant stand people who raise small pps 3s through 8ts into big multiway pots preflop. the only way you make money with this hand is if you flop a set therefore the rule is implied odds. by raising preflop you are essentially cutting your implied odds in half. follow the rules call one bet pre or one back if it is unfortunatly raised by another player after you limp, catch a set and jam up. if you dont catch a set on the flop muck nine out of ten times. what were you thinking, raising to get a free turn card? or did you think your sevens would hold up through six over cards? if you put in two sbs preflop then you have to win a lot more bets after the flop to make this profitable and your raise is going to show strength and your not going to have a disguised hand anymore. stop donking off chips this way.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is raising preflop really that bad ?
How is raising preflop going to not disguise your hand ? wouldn't most people expect you to raise preflop with much different holdings than pocket 7s ?.How many people here think you have top pair top kicker or an overpair and pay you off big with 2 pair when you spike your set ? Plus the pot is going to be huge which will have a lot more people staying in with worse holdings. when you spike your set against all those limpers with a really big pot, I think you might get paid off much better than when the pot is smaller... Someone please show me the error of my ways and tell me why my thinking is wrong.
Old 11-18-2007, 06:27 PM

I'm with Dankenstein. Raising PF here is goot. Huge implied odds for those times when you hit your set.

Doesn't matter if you're doing it with 44, 55, 88, 99 or whatever low-mid. You're going for the set and don't expect to win UI.