Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-17-2007, 03:33 PM

Location: tell them ill be here when they come 4 me, me and every single n1gga dat got love 4 me, see i got money on my mind, but the haters wont leave me alone, so im ridin everyday wit every pistol dat i own
Default Re: Best Player a site has given a sponsorship deal to (thus far)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
stevepa wins the PCA, gets like a lifetime deal with pstars apparently, daut wins PCA and gets...?

edit: obv no disrespect meant to either, just saying steve got the best of it imo

[/ QUOTE ]

FWIW, Daut got the best of it

Steve gets a deal that is worth MUCH less than the ability to play on other sites for a player of his caliber.

[/ QUOTE ]im sure steve plays on other sites, no?
Old 10-17-2007, 04:02 PM

I think for the person new to the game, it has to be DN. He is going to do so much to promote anything he is associated with, he is totally non-offensive to the average person, and he has an everyman appearance.

But for the person looking to get serious about poker, the FTP team has to be the greatest attraction.

FWIW, I actually tend to choose where I lose my $ on different criteria. I played exclusively @ Stars for two years while they sponsored the Aston Martin's in ALMS and Le Mans racing to reward them for supporting motorsports. I now tend to play at FTP more because of their involvement with PAD and massive $ they are spending on promoting poker here in the states.
Old 10-17-2007, 04:05 PM

Mike Sexton =)
Old 10-17-2007, 04:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
No contest. Chris Moneymaker.

Let's face it, there is no way poker would be where it is today, or was last year and in 2006, if Chris had not won.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did anyone sign Chris right away after he won it? I dont remember if he was on Party commercials after his Main Event or not. I do know Stars didn't sign him until after Joe Hachem's win.
Old 10-17-2007, 04:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ivey is very close to Daniel. On the open market he would have command ed similar dollars about two years ago. Ivey also is good looking and plays super high and it is chronicled that he is a big winner. Believe it or not there are not that many television pros you can say that about.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

[ QUOTE ]
All of that said, Phil Hellmuth is the king of all kings. You can be guaranteed that the first conversation Daniel's agent had after the Stars deal broke was with UB. Hellmuth is a beast in terms of hits.

[/ QUOTE ]

As much as some of us can't stand the guy you have to tip your hat to his marketing genius.
Old 10-17-2007, 04:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Did anyone sign Chris right away after he won it? I dont remember if he was on Party commercials after his Main Event or not. I do know Stars didn't sign him until after Joe Hachem's win.

[/ QUOTE ]

What?

Chris was representing PS and doing commercials for them way before I won the ME. In fact, I am pretty sure that when ESPN ran the original broadcasts of the 2003 ME, PS was running commercials featuring Chris. I could be wrong about that, and the PS-Moneymaker commercials might not have hit the air until the reruns were going, but those commercials definitely ran prior to the 2004 ME.

Later, Greg Raymer (FossilMan)
Old 10-17-2007, 05:22 PM

FTP, Mike Matusow. Not even close
Old 10-17-2007, 06:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Wil Wheaton

[/ QUOTE ]
Isn't he dead?
Old 10-17-2007, 06:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You can be guaranteed that the first conversation Daniel's agent had after the Stars deal broke was with UB. Hellmuth is a beast in terms of hits.

[/ QUOTE ]

What does this mean?

[/ QUOTE ]

It is market economics. Daniel raised the bar and Phil will benefit from that.
Old 10-17-2007, 06:26 PM

You guys are all wrong. I'm shocked that I, a 4 post no talent a$$ clown, was the first person to identify the hands down best internet poker sponsorship deal of all. So disappointed in everyone.

By far, Full Tilt cashed in huge with its forward thinking and groundbreaking strategy of signing David Chiu so he could 2-table $2/4 7-Card Stud and occassionally play No Limit Hold'em with at most, 50bb per table at any one time. I mean seriously, it's no contest.