Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > BBV4Life
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-04-2007, 07:28 PM

Default Re: Brag: Even My school Mascot can fight

what was going on in the mich st/wisconsin vid??

wisconsin winning big, and the mascot stole a mich st flag to rub it in a little??

i'm just a little confused..proud of the cheerleader guy that did it, but confused..
Old 09-04-2007, 07:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
vid removed, pls rehost

Also, here's how a Big 10 Mascot gets beat down... by Big Ten Cheerleaders:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWvAT66H7Gk

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha! Everytime I hear that Badger's head *THUMP* the turf I start to laugh again.

My best post EVAH!

[/ QUOTE ]awesome
Old 09-12-2007, 10:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]

This is only part of the altercation as this video picks up after our Duck ran on the field and kicked their mascot in the ribs for trying to emulate/mock a ritual that our Mascot does after every score.

[/ QUOTE ]

Emulate/mock?? I am one unhappy Cougar. Every single Duck fan, including the Duck, have assumed that Shasta was mocking your traditions. Shasta was only performing one of our big traditions for the Houston fans and our team. He had no mean intentions. Touchdown push ups are not only limited to Oregon, a lot of schools do them. The duck attacking Shasta was uncalled for and poor sportsmanship.

"Touchdown Pushups
While the Run 'n Shoot/Multiple Adjusting Passing System Offenses were in use during the Pardee & Jenkins years, no mascot did more pushups than Shasta. During the infamous 95-21 victory against SMU, Shasta did 800 pushups. There is controversy on whether or not the tradition was started at UH. Some claim that it was started at a service academy. Nevertheless, it is a cherished rite at UH Football Games."

Besides this one blemish, the game itself was a good one. We hope Oregon goes far this year. (I mean why not? It makes us look a lot better!)
Old 09-12-2007, 11:12 PM

as a quick follow up: our Mascot has been banned, albeit self imposed by our Athletic department, for this weeks upcoming came with those scrappy Fresno State Bulldogs. Apparently there was also some undisclosed penalties for the kids (I guess they switch out and there is more than one) who are in the suit. And to the "cougar fan" in the post above, if you guys do it at home great. But don't you [censored] think that we will stand for this disrespect on our home field. This is disrespect ala Terrel Owens when he was a 49er and stood on the star in Dallas.

Also, I did not post the video that was removed. More influence from the Athletic department. The guy who took the footage had an on field pass. My guess is they knew who did it and threatened to revoke his privileges if he did not take it down. Here is a cell phone camera video of same incident.

Kick ass Duck