Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-24-2007, 06:32 PM

Default Re: HU 20k challenge to baronzues

[ QUOTE ]
[] real sport

[/ QUOTE ]
real sport for 5 mrd. people [x]
real sport for rednecks [ ]
Old 08-24-2007, 06:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
how do you play soccer HU, unless its a videogame?

[/ QUOTE ]

Easy. Just get a goalkeeper and then veganmav and baronzues play 1 v 1. say first to 5 goals or watever wins. But make sure you have a competent keeper.

I used to play this all the time except we would have like six teams of two, shooting into the one keeper. And it would be 2 goals to progress to next stage, untill only two teams were left and the final would be 5 goals to win. The first couple rounds are complete madness but as teams get knocked out its all good.
Old 08-24-2007, 06:36 PM

Ahh it's 6 seconds these days, but i guess that would cut it out.

I think if the goals and areas were smaller then it would def work with a 40yard pitch. Is this game actually played around your way then cos (no offence) it's kinda retarded. When a player takes a loose touch to take it round you can't you just dive on the ball? Or is it mainly shooting, with no real dribbling/ tackling to the game?
Old 08-24-2007, 06:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Easy. Just get a goalkeeper and then veganmav and baronzues play 1 v 1. say first to 5 goals or watever wins. But make sure you have a competent keeper.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, easily the best way of doing it usually. Wembley/ World Cup Knockout as it's called.

You would need a decent keeper as you stated though, and with 20k on the line it might be dodgy to involve a 3rd party.
Old 08-24-2007, 06:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Is this game actually played around your way then cos (no offence) it's kinda retarded. When a player takes a loose touch to take it round you can't you just dive on the ball? Or is it mainly shooting, with no real dribbling/ tackling to the game?

[/ QUOTE ]

If the offender gets too close, and takes a loose touch, you can absolutely tackle. The point is to practice breakaway situations and shooting. There isn't supposed to be much dribbling, which is good, because I'm sure vegan would destroy me otherwise.
Old 08-24-2007, 07:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Did BZ EVER express intrest in doing this....or are you just challenging him to something you think you can win?

In that case I challenge you to a 20k mountain bike race.

[/ QUOTE ]

he once bawked at accepting a 10k challenge but renigged when he realized i was serious.
Old 08-24-2007, 07:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Vegan - what's your level of experience, age, etc?

I'd consider this.

[/ QUOTE ]

i am 24 i played select growing up and played 1 year of community college and 1 year in PDL PDL was 4 years ago
Old 08-24-2007, 07:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Im at OSU, ill play you for $20 on the fields next to morrison. Ive never played soccer before but am spectacularly confident

[/ QUOTE ]

If you would do a hundered dollars i'd accept.
Old 08-24-2007, 07:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
vegan, i challenged you about a year and a half ago and you declined. ive since blew my knee out and havent touched a ball so ya, i dont think i can hang.

[/ QUOTE ]

i definately dont remmeber this.. i almost definately would have accepted if I was in a position to play (ie: in USA) ... please show the post or PM or email or whatev
Old 08-24-2007, 07:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'll play you a 'keeper wars' match. 2 full sized goals spaced ~40 yards, square field. Half-way point also serves as border for both goal-boxes (you have full keeper privelages in your own goal box). I'd probably be willing to play for up to $1k. I'm in Chicago.

[/ QUOTE ]

If we played in ohio, i'd accept if we could get a level 2 referee or better to ref. p.s. we can score from anywhere on the field right?

edit: since i said i would accept, i still will, but this seems dumb now that i think about it, it is basically always a break away against a keeper,.. are you a keeper? this takes the soccer aspect out of the game some and adds a lot more goalie skills.