Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Limit-->NL
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-03-2007, 03:56 PM

Default Re: Everything we\'ve always wanted to ask about NL thread...

also when playing shorties if they have liek 70 left and the pot is 40 alwaysssss bet liek 36 so a minraise=them all in. Always do this if you want them t push because they love the one button ai
Old 08-03-2007, 05:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
From nadical in another thread

[ QUOTE ]
also dont bet what is exactly in his stack people look at this like oh my god he wants all my money has me beat, just push yourself and he will be like no he is bluffing look at that overbet...yea it doesnt really make sense but from playing thats how it seems

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this the prevailing opinion amongst other NL players? I always wondered if you have your target covered, you want all his money, and you're convinced that the best way to get it is to take him all in right now, if it's better to push yourself, to bet his stack, or to bet something bigger than his stack that's not a push on your part. Does your answer change depending on whether or not your target has < a PSB, ~ a PSB, or more than a PSB?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd be interested in the psychology of this as well, I agree with the quote. When I'm bluffing all in I bet what he has left exactly, I push with monsters. Sometimes I'll bet slightly less than what he has left with monsters too, I feel this taunts them and should be used on tilty LAG types. (effective stack $210 and you bet $208.50 for instance) [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

-DeathDonkey
Old 08-03-2007, 06:20 PM

It won't work at higher levels, as anything that indicates your hand strength will be picked up on and used to exploit you.

But against low-level donks who aren't paying attention some meaningless bet-sizing scenarios like this can be effective.

One I like is the massive overbet. With the nuts or close when you are deepstacked and villain is not you can bet $400 into a $10 pot. A lot of clueless players will see the $400 pot and their $50 remaining and call because they are pot committed.
Old 08-03-2007, 06:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
From nadical in another thread

[ QUOTE ]
also dont bet what is exactly in his stack people look at this like oh my god he wants all my money has me beat, just push yourself and he will be like no he is bluffing look at that overbet...yea it doesnt really make sense but from playing thats how it seems

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this the prevailing opinion amongst other NL players? I always wondered if you have your target covered, you want all his money, and you're convinced that the best way to get it is to take him all in right now, if it's better to push yourself, to bet his stack, or to bet something bigger than his stack that's not a push on your part. Does your answer change depending on whether or not your target has < a PSB, ~ a PSB, or more than a PSB?

[/ QUOTE ]

At lower limits I generally overbet push when I want to be called, because for many bad players there's a visceral "F THIS GUY FOR TRYING TO PUSH ME OUT OF THIS POT"-type response that induces alot of bad /tilt calls.

I don't remember the last time I tried to bluff someone who was almost allin on the river, but i think I just bet pot, though I might have overbet too.

Against anyone capable of remembering what I did last time I usually just do the same thing regardless, which would probably mean just shoving every time.

Surf
Old 08-03-2007, 08:48 PM

coupla cont bet thingies:

1)what is a good cont bet % to have given fairly aggro pf stats (30/20)? It seems like if you raise more you'll end up wanting to cont bet a lower percentage to avoid getting floated pf. Obv cont bet less in multiway pots or with air on medium coordinated flops.

2)how many hands does it tend to take for cont bet % to converge? It seems as though this would take a good long while for some reason.

3)what is a good fold to cont bet %? I've seen Pokey post that he'll be on the look out for guys over 60% and just blind steal them all day because they fold too damn much. I tend to find myself facing cont bets fairly infrequently because the vast majority of the time that I enter a pot I have initiative. This really just means that i play super tight from ep, super loose and aggro when opening late, and I'd rather reraise or fold out of the blinds than to make a call.

Give me a fold to cont bet % that is

-superexploitablenitty
-too tight
-just right
-too loose
-callingstationament

thx!!
-
Old 08-03-2007, 10:03 PM

How much can a good/very good NL player make per hour at $2/5 NL live with 300-1000 buyins?
Old 08-03-2007, 11:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Sometimes I'll bet slightly less than what he has left with monsters too, I feel this taunts them and should be used on tilty LAG types. (effective stack $210 and you bet $208.50 for instance) [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, this is fun. But I think it's pretty obvious we have him beat if he stops to think about it. And not much fun when you cop a disconnection as you're about to call the $1.50 raise. I speak from experience. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 08-04-2007, 12:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
How much can a good/very good NL player make per hour at $2/5 NL live with 300-1000 buyins?

[/ QUOTE ]

you mean with 300bbs-1000bbs right?

making around 3k profit in a 12hour stint ant 2-5 seems like a good play from a good player.

around 250 an hour but more like 150-200 in reality
Old 08-04-2007, 04:17 AM

A little love from the SSNL forum

NL Anthology

Pretty much a primer to NL 6max play(be forewarned it is big, but totally worth it).
Old 08-04-2007, 04:54 AM

Limit players as me forget to look at villians there stack because its not important in limit, dont make this mistake and betting pot as cbet/bluff leaving your opp almost allin and you cant get away from the hand anymore. I dont know how NL players do this look at the pot first than the stacks or the otherway around, esp multitabling I forget to look. But yeah im only playing NL for one day [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]