Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-17-2007, 10:54 AM

Default Re: The case of the ex

friends with both long term exes. good friends with one of them. the wife is good friends with the other (they met after we broke up and now make stupid jokes at my expense). No daily double possibilties.
Old 05-17-2007, 12:38 PM

I have some that I don't speak with on account of poor endings, and others that I do because the reasons for the breakup were more pragmatic (wanted different things, geography issues, etc).

I always find it strange that people can "love" someone for several years and then just completely break ties because they've decided the relationship doesn't have a future. My most recent ex (broke up 7-8 months ago) is one of my best friends, though that's probably made easier by the fact that we live 1,000 miles apart.

It seems that as I've gotten older, I have an easier time of not accumulating "friends" that I formerly dated. In my early twenties it was rare that I would meet a girl, go out a couple times, and then never see her again if things weren't working out. I can actually pull that off now, which I think is a step in the right direction.
Old 05-17-2007, 06:04 PM

I'm still on good terms with my ex-wife. We remain amicable "co-parents" as well as partners in two different business ventures. I'm not sure, though, if I'ld consider us friends or not.
Old 05-17-2007, 07:23 PM

my one serious relationship ended with a torrential downpour of hate from her side. we were together for about a year and a half, which in high school is a semi long time. she was younger and i was going to college so i didnt want to deal with all that drama. we saw each other on and off for a couple years, she got over hating me, and we talk every now and then now. im not entirely sure this is normal, as most exes at that age are forgotten, but i would imagine she would try to make me look good to others, as i would her.
Old 05-17-2007, 07:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
By-Tor,

[CESNORED] YOU BUDDY

[/ QUOTE ]

Excellent use of the profanity filter. Thank you.

I think a distinction should be made between ex-wife and past girlfrinds. I do not consider past girlfriends to be ex's, but rather 'past relationships'. There is much more possibility for 'hate' when we are talking about an ex-spouse.

That said, I can say with complete confidence that my ex-wife and I truly hate each other.

In fact, she is the only person on the face of this earth that I hate.