Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Student Life
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-22-2007, 06:59 PM

Default Re: Help with a confusing as heck girl (long)

[ QUOTE ]
Hmm interesting responses the general consensus seems to be aggressive..I gues thats what a poker player is prone to do haha.

Ok well I pretty much decided that I was gonna go that until I just got this text...her best friend died like 2 months ago (already knew that) but his brother died this morning. Talk about variance...now I am gonna wait out that aftermath I guess and then pursue. God why does this ish always happen to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

While that's not a good thing, that still doesn't excuse the way you're letting yourself get handled. No need to be an excessive dick, but this chick sounds like she's way too immature for anything remotely resembling a healthy relationship.

And for christ's sake, kids these days trying to create relationships through text messages. That is wrong on far too many levels. I've got an idea - CALL HER. I know its nice to not be put on the spot, but if you want a girl, you gotta be straight up.

Getting back to a real college, or at least looking for girls that might be in your classes or something if you stay at CC, would be a much much much much better move than letting this chick play you.
Old 03-22-2007, 11:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hmm interesting responses the general consensus seems to be aggressive..I gues thats what a poker player is prone to do haha.

Ok well I pretty much decided that I was gonna go that until I just got this text...her best friend died like 2 months ago (already knew that) but his brother died this morning. Talk about variance...now I am gonna wait out that aftermath I guess and then pursue. God why does this ish always happen to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol... 'this girl I like's friend died. WHY DOES THIS ALWAYS HAPPEN TO ME?!?'
Old 03-23-2007, 12:27 AM

Sounds a little bit like what my situation was not too long ago. If you really like the girl, make sure she knows you are interested in a relationship, and do it as soon as possible. Beating around the bush got me no where for awhile, but when I finally asked her out she was alot more straightforward and stopped playing games with me... for the most part.
Old 03-23-2007, 03:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Sounds a little bit like what my situation was not too long ago. If you really like the girl, make sure she knows you are interested in a relationship, and do it as soon as possible. Beating around the bush got me no where for awhile, but when I finally asked her out she was alot more straightforward and stopped playing games with me... for the most part.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I want to but with this recent death and stuff I just wanna give it time...I figure I just won't give her much to work with that way she won't play games with me cos I will not be there to play games with. It is pretty shotty cos I don't think she is planning on asking anyone to her dance and is just gonna use me as the backup. What a previous poster said is right, I am gonna turn her down if she asks like 2 days before like oh last resort.
Old 03-23-2007, 03:29 AM

Do women like it when you treat them like crap?

On a more serious note, the text to her friend could mean anything. Girls are very cautious about what their friends think and if this friend in particular doesn't think you are bf material, then she might even lie to her about not wanting a bf.
Old 03-23-2007, 03:32 AM

Hmmmmm I have not thought about it from that angle. That would make sense but I have not many of her friends although they all say they know me. That is a good point however. I have been told by a few people to straight up approach her about the text, yay or nay?
Old 03-23-2007, 04:11 PM

Jesus Christ for the love of God texting and facebook is not how you communicate with girls you want to sex up.

Anyways here is what is up with this girl: you sound like a nice guy, and by "nice guy", I mean "huge pussy who she possibly thinks is gay." She is tired of dating [censored] so she thinks she'll give you a shot since she thinks that all she really wants is a nice boyfriend who will love her forever, blah blah blah blah blah. However in reality she is not attracted to nice guys, so she is just torn right now. You might hook up with her for a while or whatever but then she'll dump you for an [censored].
Old 03-23-2007, 05:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I checked my phone afterwards and it had a text from her when we were at the mall (she was texting her girl friend) and it read "He is too nice I am trying to tell him I don't want a bf".

[/ QUOTE ]

You are so f-ed in the ass it's not even funny. It's going to take you years of rejection and social experience to even realize this though (if ever).

Go find a nice girl, buy a minivan, and make some babies dude.
Old 03-23-2007, 06:50 PM

I wouldn't try to bring up the text msg, it will only make things worse. I pretty much agree with the other people, this probably won't turn out well, but if you havn't specifically told her you are interested in a relationship, and still want to try and make something happen, I suggest doing that. At the very least it will force her to tell you that you are wasting your time on her, although that is probably obvious after getting the text on accident.
Old 03-23-2007, 09:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
-She thinks you're cool enough to hang out with, but she's not totally into you
-She's immature as s.hit, and has no clue what she wants
-She likes to play games and likes being pursued by an older guy
Result: You'll pursue and you'll get signals pretty intermittently that she wants something, but it will never amount to anything. You might score a semi-drunk hook up or two, maybe some MOSs, but you're not getting laid and it will never turn into a real relationship.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thread over.