Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-08-2007, 11:15 PM

Default Re: Live hand with table talk (6-12)

Bet bet bet
If he has 88, 55 then gg. I think you have him by the balls.

SB has A5 suited....

What did he have?
Old 03-08-2007, 11:25 PM

I have only played ~300 hours of live at ~ this limit, but I have only seen a street go past 5 bets once... and it was the time my pocket kings hit the flop of K44. I'll let you guess how that turned out.
Old 03-08-2007, 11:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Bet bet bet
If he has 88, 55 then gg. I think you have him by the balls.

SB has A5 suited....

What did he have?

[/ QUOTE ]
Hero is playing live HU without cap at $6/12. It adds up. Bet, bet, bet gg is probably not an outcome he's interested in.
[ QUOTE ]
I have only played ~300 hours of live at ~ this limit, but I have only seen a street go past 5 bets once... and it was the time my pocket kings hit the flop of K44. I'll let you guess how that turned out.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm going to guess either reary good, or reary bad.
Old 03-08-2007, 11:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Say "85? Yeah, you like like the kind of d-bag who will make me rich with 85" and 7-bet.

[/ QUOTE ]
ROFL, Practically had to pick myself up off the floor.
Old 03-09-2007, 12:16 AM

River the case 5. Then the hand plays itself.
Old 03-09-2007, 12:31 AM

VERY tough.

At the Bellagio I witnessed two guys (one drunk and one not) raise a 3-flushed, paired board until one was all in (abt 7-8 bets), trying to guess which had the flush and which had the boat...only to see two pair vs. a better two pair.

That said, I would probably call down at this point, BECAUSE of "the speech." Usually that's a dead giveaway that the guy has the nuts or near-nuts.

In fact, depending on the player, I might consider folding here. Not for very long, but I would certainly feel almost sunk.
Old 03-09-2007, 01:24 AM

I don't think the speech has much to do with it. He just six-bet us and we have the third nuts. I'd call down given that.

(Full disclosure, I've only played live once. After 3 hours of careful play, I ended up ahead by $2.)
Old 03-09-2007, 01:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
SB looks at his hand, looks at me for a while and playing with the chips in his hand. Then he says, "97s? Yeah... you like the kind of guy who plays 97s in early position" and raises again.

Hero... ?

[/ QUOTE ]
You left out the suits. Any 97 makes a straight, obviously, but would 97 of the trump suit already be a straight flush or a made straight with some SF draw, or what?

If he really has the nut full house or quads, I would expect him to flat call your 3-bet, give you a cheap card, and wait for the river to go to war — unless he puts you on say 97[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] and the board is 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], in which case he intends on making you pay for the two-out draw he thinks you have.

If he has 88/55 and there's already a possibility of 97s making a straight flush, then going 6 bets isn't too bright. Likewise, if the board is completely rainbow, then why would he try to let you off the hook by telling you that you're drawing dead?

My best guess (keep in mind I've never played live at any table that's not the cheapest in the room, and the players there are dumber than dirt) is that he has trip-5's, realizes he's stepped in it, wants you to think he has a straight beaten and give up.

That said, I still just call down, because from what I've heard, 6/12 players really aren't that much smarter than 3/6 players, so he may really have you beat; OTOH, if he has trip-5's, he has one out, so there's not much harm in not reraising again.
Old 03-09-2007, 01:48 AM

Aaron I'm dying to know the conclusion of this hand.
Old 03-09-2007, 02:03 AM

I'm with Iggy. "The Speach" is a classic tell of strength, and it's 99.9999% certain he can beat 97s. I'll be perfectly happy just calling down from here.