Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Should I be embarass?
Yes, you're a loser/wussbag! 135 72.19%
No, it's okay since you play poker (which is cool and brings home the bacon) 52 27.81%
Voters: 187. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-18-2007, 07:35 PM

Default Re: when does it start

Alaei is worse than a 4 to 1 dog to hit his straight on the turn. He knows that Bill Chen is a very good player, and will not pay him off at all if he hits his straight. Betting out or check raising could be good options, but I think Daniels decision shows his respect for Chen's play.
Old 01-18-2007, 08:54 PM

If Alaie calls on the flop and the straight gets there. Chen doesn't necessarily have to give it to him. If Chen had KK or AA, I don’t think he’s laying it down on the turn. Of coarse, it depends on how much Alaie bets and about ten or twenty other variables. Meanwhile, Chen had nothing. Alaie had 55, put in 9k in a 3 way pot, flopped an open end straight and threw it away when Chen bet 15k. He’s a good player, who made a bad play.
Old 01-18-2007, 11:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Alaei is worse than a 4 to 1 dog to hit his straight on the turn. He knows that Bill Chen is a very good player, and will not pay him off at all if he hits his straight. Betting out or check raising could be good options, but I think Daniels decision shows his respect for Chen's play.

[/ QUOTE ]

well then he shouldn't be calling PF in the first place
Old 01-19-2007, 12:10 PM

it's interesting that everybody seems to find Matusow annoying - i still find him entertaining. for me the one who gets on my nerves is Negreanu; he's never been witty or "cool". also considering he's supposed to be a top pro it was interesting to see him lose his composure when things weren't going his way. is that professional? would Doyle have behaved like that?
Old 01-19-2007, 12:13 PM

Default Doyle Brunson

I don't understand why Brunson seldom protects his hand. At HSP he flopped a set of fives against 4 opponents. Negreanu had a inside straight draw and Gold an OESD. Everybody checked the flop and Neagreanu and Alaei got a flush draw on the turn. I've seen him do similiar things in PAD.
Maybe Brian Townsend or somebody else equally qualified can elaborate on this? I recall Greenstein at LATB stressing on the importance of protection. It's not that he just mixed up his game he saw him doing that so often.
Old 01-19-2007, 01:58 PM

Default Re: Doyle Brunson

From the HSP episodes I've seen, I don't think Doyle slowplayed 2P/sets or better on the flop, except that 55 hand. It looks to me that he's gonna c/r and prolly push the turn. Wtih DN,Gold and Alaei in the hand, he might even get a bet and raise from those guys, so that he get to push the flop.
Old 01-19-2007, 07:52 PM

William's a great writer and player but he should call Ed Miller for the Fab Five's phone number.
Old 01-19-2007, 08:27 PM

That whole "Everyone hates Gold because they are jealous" line is completely retarded and has been proven to be many times over.

As others have said, nobody hates on Hachem and Raymer, because they are good players and nice guys (although Hachem can be a little "whiney" if you will).

Also nobody hates on Moneymaker (his personality), only his play gets criticized and let's face it, he's not a big time tourney threat like Hachem/Raymer/countless others.

Gold gets TONS of criticism for his personality (because he IS a douchebag, even if he ended up busting 2nd int he WSOP ME everyone would still call him a douchebag) and his play is just now going to be open for criticism. Anyone can run super well and win a tourney (in fact you pretty much HAVE to in order to win a tourney of 8000+ people).

Long story short, people hate Gold because he deserves it. Obviously this will bias peoples commentary of his play, but the fact remains, the guy is a tool.
Old 01-19-2007, 09:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Anyone else notice Jamie Gold wearing his 2006 bracelet? It's on his left wrist. I'm sure everyone at the table was really impressed. Nice move for the "Earl of Douchebaggery".

[/ QUOTE ]
jesus christ I hate Gold as much as the next guy, but what the hell is wrong with him wearing the bracelet that he won?
Old 01-19-2007, 09:41 PM

Default Re: Million Dollar Cash Game

[ QUOTE ]
aba, if you don't think Gold is a terrible player and a rotten human being, you just haven't seen enough of his play. He likes to make totally nonsensical bluffs that are easy to pick off, but then he doesn't make the thin value bets that he should with his image. He likes to use obvious manipulation talk that works on total fish but gives away his hand to anyone decent. His douchebaggery comes out most when he's winning, where he acts like god's gift to poker and treats people like garbage, rubbing their face in it every time he gets lucky. He behaves better when he's losing, which he seems to be doing all the time on HSP.

[/ QUOTE ]

Unless you've personally played with him, you've only seen EDITED highlights of him winning ONE TIME. Thats a pretty small sample size to conclude that he always acts that way.