Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-17-2007, 02:34 AM

Default Re: 2007 Pac 10 football thread

ugh, Pac 10 was such a bust this year
Old 11-22-2007, 03:21 AM

Huge game tomorrow. With Dixon out this game will most certainly decide the Pac 10 champion. ASU is still in the national championship hunt and a win over USC will be a huge boost for them. Wish this game was at the Coliseum but I still think USC can win (comfortably) at ASU.
Old 11-22-2007, 03:26 AM

I could end up with egg on my face here but I expect Oregon to be competitive in both games and win at least one.

I think Leaf is better than he showed and as long as he doesn't make too many mistakes we should do ok. UCLA has been very hit or miss and the civil war is at home so the Rose Bowl is still not completely out.

Having said that I expect us to get blown out of whatever bowl game comes our way, especially the Rose Bowl if that happens.
Old 11-22-2007, 03:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I could end up with egg on my face here but I expect Oregon to be competitive in both games and win at least one.

I think Leaf is better than he showed and as long as he doesn't make too many mistakes we should do ok. UCLA has been very hit or miss and the civil war is at home so the Rose Bowl is still not completely out.

Having said that I expect us to get blown out of whatever bowl game comes our way, especially the Rose Bowl if that happens.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm with you, but 1 game is not going to cut it if Oregon wants Rose Bowl action. I doubt Oregon wins both games. Its all on Leaf's legs. Arizona showed if you blitz the pants off of him he's pretty useless because he's so immobile. I expect both UCLA and OSU to bring it.
Old 11-22-2007, 03:44 AM

Leaf could barely walk last game. I don't see how he gets healthy enough for them to win.
Old 11-22-2007, 06:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It would be very difficult for Oregon to win the Pac 10 with three losses. It might be a mathematical certianty, depending on multi-team tie breakers.
Old 11-22-2007, 01:14 PM

jeez absolutely no pac 10 love anywhere. yesterday on pti wilbon said there was nothing except some crappy nfl till saturday. haven't been hearing any buzz or excitement for this game whatsoever. between the three nfl games today, hawaii-boise state tomorrow, and kansas-missouri on saturday i think everyone has overlooked today's game that still has national title implications. the only reason missouri is even 4 right now is because the pac 10 gets no love from the voters (ASU is tied for 3rd in the computers, and with a win over USC would take sole possession of that third place spot, and with a kansas loss take over the 2 spot).
Old 11-22-2007, 03:41 PM

Semtex, I hate the Pac-10 more than most (SEC homer), but I'm pretty surprised about the lack of buzz for ASU-USC tonight too. Maybe everyone wants to watching [censored] parades after the NFL games. I'll be on the ASU/USC game.

Don't get me wrong, though--I still hate the Pac-10 and every team in it except Stanford.
Old 11-22-2007, 09:37 PM

If Leaf is relatively healthy I think Oregon is definitely better than 50/50 to win both of their last two games, so we're certainly still in the hunt if we can get some help from USC or Arizona. If Leaf's ankle doesn't get better though... kiss the season goodbye.
Old 11-23-2007, 12:29 PM

i've been saying it for weeks but usc is he best two loss team in the nation. anyone still doubting?