Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-12-2006, 03:25 AM

Default Re: What can I legally do to this kid?

abduct him with your friends, blindfold him, strip him naked, paint a big $ on his back paint, cover him with peanut butter, drive him to nearby bridge preferably at least 1 mile from campus, yell "o doyle rules", leave him, drive away fast
Old 03-12-2006, 03:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I am 34. I graduated from UW-Madison. A girl was raped on the lawn of one of the frats during my tenure. Also, a moron in a frat left the rules for a contest on who could bring home the biggest/fattest/ugliest pig on a copy machine at Kinkos. The president of the IFC wrote a letter to the Badger Herald in an effrot to defend the Greek system against constant attacks from one of the Herlad writers. Needless to say, the letter was very poorly written and full of holes, and daddy responded with a letter that rattled the entire Greek comunity. Frat boys were cocksuckers then, and likely are today.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, 15 years ago there was a frat guy who raped a girl on some lawn - this definitely indicts frat boys from that point forward!

I was in a fraternity in college, and we had a few lame guys but mostly they were pretty responsible and smart. A lot of them are still my best friends. We partied like crazy, and also did more hours of community service than the community service "fraternity."

If there is one thing worse that [censored] frat guys who perpetuate the negative stereotypes surrounding Greek life, it's the limp dicked losers who spend all their time outwardly saying how gay frat guys are but who only do so because they are jealous and generally have trouble feeling accepted. I don't expect a bunch of guys who spend the lion's share of their free time posting on an internet forum to have engaged in much socially stimulating and healthy behavior, so I can understand where the inferiority complex comes from that is aimed at people who seem socially accepted. It's probably true that their are a lot of huge social outcasts, freaks, nerds, and recluses on this forum...but if you are reading this and thinking, "Whoa, but not me!" then maybe you shouldn't make such retarded blanket statements about people who make a choice to join a fraternity in college.

To the OP - you and your frat brothers sound like a bunch of losers. You are jealous of some kid because his Dad is rich, and whether or not he is a prick is immaterial. The fact that you made such a huge focus of your post on his wealth shows that you really wanted to stick it to him because he is well off, not because he is a prick.
-James
Old 03-12-2006, 03:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
OK, that's settled at least.

[/ QUOTE ]

i stole 2 award plaques and 1 frat group photo (from 1950) off the wall of Phi Kappa Psi's house. they are hanging in my room.
Old 03-12-2006, 03:35 AM

I hate the guy myself just reading this post.

See, that's why you hit them in the stomach. It hurts like hell and is humiliating, and shouldn't leave a mark. Then it's just he said she said, and with all the witnesses hating this douchebag, he's be screwed.

Personally, I think you should all call him Snowball from now on. It sounds incredibly gay, and can help spread the story about what a little b*tch he is.

I'd be sorely tempted to keep his car permanently keyed after this, if it were available. He can afford to pay for it all day long, but it would still piss the crap out of him.

Also, the pledge who got hauled off should be named Employee of the Month. Anyone who can punch a little b*tch in the face for ripping his shirt is an honor to your house.
Old 03-12-2006, 03:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't expect a bunch of guys who spend the lion's share of their free time posting on an internet forum to have engaged in much socially stimulating and healthy behavior

[/ QUOTE ]

You mean like drinking day and night, barfing, and pissing over balconies?

Lighten up James!
Old 03-12-2006, 03:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don't expect a bunch of guys who spend the lion's share of their free time posting on an internet forum to have engaged in much socially stimulating and healthy behavior

[/ QUOTE ]

You mean like drinking day and night, barfing, and pissing over balconies?

Lighten up James!

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh?
-James

EDIT: Are you saying that you have done these things, or that I do? Or that I am against those things and I should lighten up? You don't make any sense.
Old 03-12-2006, 03:58 AM

It was a joke. Not sure why it was hard to understand.

You seemed very defensive about the fraternity jazz, and it seemed like you were putting down a bunch of people you don't even known on an internet board by saying you "don't expect a bunch of guys who spend the lion's share of their free time posting on an internet forum to have engaged in much socially stimulating and healthy behavior." That's pretty over the top, especially since there's an implied comparison to ... fraternities?

What are they, monasteries now? I seem to recall them reeking of piss when and kids barfing over the balcony in the middle of the morning.

If you can't take those things with a sense of humor, I can. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-12-2006, 04:02 AM

You sir, are a sweet mother [censored].

I'm in a frat though and hate the perpetuated stereotypes.
Old 03-12-2006, 04:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It was a joke. Not sure why it was hard to understand.

You seemed very defensive about the fraternity jazz, and it seemed like you were putting down a bunch of people you don't even known on an internet board by saying you "don't expect a bunch of guys who spend the lion's share of their free time posting on an internet forum to have engaged in much socially stimulating and healthy behavior." That's pretty over the top, especially since there's an implied comparison to ... fraternities?

What are they, monasteries now? I seem to recall them reeking of piss when and kids barfing over the balcony in the middle of the morning.

If you can't take those things with a sense of humor, I can. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha, well. Your first post had pretty awkward phrasing for a joke. Making a joke, then saying lighten up before someone has reacted is going to cause confusion, I think.

I was "putting down a bunch of people I don't know" simply based on stereotypes and my own personal experience with a few of the people I have met from here(and conveniently choosing to ignore the notable exceptions!). I was simply showing how silly and childish it is to take these sorts of things as fact. Sitting around and laughing about stereotypes is one thing - but you can't seriously say that that is the tone of this thread. I am not particularly sensitive to ignorant ideas about guys in fraternities, and it would be silly to compare this to racial stereotyping or something more serious...but none of this changes the fact that it's hilarious that a group of people who most of society views as huge dorks(read: those who frequent internet forums) would sit around and have a holier than thou when discussing an equally stereotyped group.
-James
Old 03-12-2006, 08:51 AM

In my experience the stereotypes are 99% accurate.

When the country can't go 1 semester without someone dying from being forced to drink 20 Gallons of water, it reflects on the frat community as a whole.

Are there frats out there that dont fit the stereotype? Sure there are. Maybe you are in one, but there are 99 others that do fit. IMO.

BTW. Insulting those that give a differing opinion isn't convincing anyone that you don't fit those stereotypes. Just the opposite actually.

You've done a great job at provingg not only are you an internet forum dork, but a stereotypical elitist frat dork as well.

Enjoy!