Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Who will win the Atlantic Division?
New Jersey Nets 60 71.43%
Other 24 28.57%
Voters: 84. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-27-2007, 06:39 PM

Default Re: TPTK vs TAG deepish (with poll)

to me this looks like a spot where he isn't shoving for value as often as some people have said - your hand is underreped, i don't think he can assume a call as much as people are thinking.
Old 09-27-2007, 07:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
to me this looks like a spot where he isn't shoving for value as often as some people have said - your hand is underreped, i don't think he can assume a call as much as people are thinking.

[/ QUOTE ]

Old 09-27-2007, 07:51 PM

You have to understand that your perceived calling range on the river here is so tight (usually just 99, 33, sometimes AQ), that most competent opponents won't be valueshoving many hands at all. Air is a huge part of most TAGs' range here. But I'm not sure if that's a level of thinking that is applicable to this opponent. For me, this is an easy call.

Also, changing gears to more passive is very valuable to keep your opponents confused. Saying that you have to 3bet this 100% preflop is just taking the 2+2 standard thing way too far. This is especially the case when you have a (presumably) open-limping fish in the hand.
Old 09-27-2007, 07:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Also, changing gears to more passive is very valuable to keep your opponents confused. Saying that you have to 3bet this 100% preflop is just taking the 2+2 standard thing way too far. This is especially the case when you have a (presumably) open-limping fish in the hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

w/o a read that the villain is particularly nitty, not 3betting AK here is bad business and is missing value.
Old 09-27-2007, 08:53 PM

i 3 bet preflop everytime. i raise the flop everytime and i raise the turn everytime. so i honestly have never been in this spot. i guess fold. i dont think he plays think he 3 barrel bluffs nearly enough to make this profitable. he either has a air or tha nutz. and i think tha nutz is more likely.
Old 09-28-2007, 12:55 AM

people forget he can have aces up here to. A lot of tags with raise suited aces from CO, so I think you're defintely behind his range enough to fold. If I know he plays TPNK like this, then I'll call, cause unless he think's you're on of hte people who can't fold top pair, this is a bad call. You think he sees you as tag, you see him as Tag. Tag on tag here, you probably aren't good.
Old 09-28-2007, 08:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
AA,33,99,88,66,AK,A9,maybe A3,maybe A6, maybe AQ,and a more maayybe AJ....that's about it...unless he decides to try some triple barrel bluff with KQ or w/e.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think he would have limped with 33 pf, he's taggish, but OP didnt say he's a thinking player.
AA would play differently imo, but i might be wrong.
A3, A6: i doubt it, except UTG is weak.
A9: maybe
AQ: likely
66: when i look at the hand, i think it could be possible for him to have 66. He bet 1/2pot on the flop and got called, he turned his set and fires even more now, b/c hero might think he's bluffing.

Furthermore you say 88 is likely, but a 3 barrel bluff is unlikely. i think if he was on a 2 barrel bluff, he'd 3 barrel.

I think OP should post results.

And btw:
I think villain had a set or A9, because otherwise OP would not have posted the hand, but in general i think we are good sometimes.
Old 09-28-2007, 08:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i 3 bet preflop everytime. i raise the flop everytime and i raise the turn everytime. so i honestly have never been in this spot. i guess fold. i dont think he plays think he 3 barrel bluffs nearly enough to make this profitable. he either has a air or tha nutz. and i think tha nutz is more likely.

[/ QUOTE ]

The nuts are highly unlikely haha [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 09-28-2007, 09:05 AM

Bet turn
Old 09-28-2007, 10:02 AM

If the odds that you have him beat are > 1.86:1 call.
It's not about "I think we're beat" like many people said it's about "how often are we beat in this spot vs this player"