Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-19-2007, 08:07 PM

Default marginal situation

BB (villain) is a rock, hes folded last 3 times at my raises.

The question is here is his range that beats mine. Since he's been solid the past few hands, I don't think he'd spew with a missed flush, so I put him on 66. What do you guys think?

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Hero ($29.40)
SB ($10.25)
BB ($27.20)
UTG ($30.65)
MP ($16.30)
CO ($6.95)

Preflop: Hero is Button with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $1</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls $0.75.

Flop: ($2.10) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $1.5</font>, BB calls $1.50.

Turn: ($5.10) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks.

River: ($5.10) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets $3.25</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $5.10
Old 09-19-2007, 08:26 PM

Default Re: marginal situation

Even a relatively rocky player here may well call this flop with a worse eight. I need a decent amount of observation before I tag a player as "only bets the nuts/near nuts".

Checking behind on the turn pretty much invites a bluff from villain, especially due to the fact that you checked a scare card. In situations like this where your equity against villains range can go either way, checking behind to keep the pot small is a good idea so long as you are willing to call a reasonable bet on the river. His river bet is reasonable so you should call. If he shows down an straight, make a note that he won't bet it on the street it comes in on. If he shows down an overpair, make a note that he won't play them aggressively on scary boards and be willing to edit out the scary boards part later observation shows that he won't play them aggressively at all.
Old 09-19-2007, 08:39 PM

Default Re: marginal situation

his range is much wider than 66