Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-10-2007, 09:40 AM

Default Re: WSOP on ESPN thread (10/9 - ME Final Table)

[ QUOTE ]
Rahme is basically a total tellbox. I bet if Rahme shuts up, Yang folds.

[/ QUOTE ]

Level? As if Yang calls the 3-bet PF with Ax and then folds the flop when he hits his ace. ROFL. Once he made top pair, he was getting everything in the middle.
Old 10-10-2007, 09:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
can anyone link me to the original main event 07 thread when it was live.

[/ QUOTE ]
There are 5000+ posts in the final table sweat thread HERE
[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

You can still find the PPV in the usual places...
Old 10-10-2007, 10:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I like poking fun at Canada just as much as the next guy but did anybody else get the douche chills when Yang's Laotian crew started chanting USA USA!!??

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, that was really stupid.

Really really stupid.

I may be spreading a negative cancer again or something, but I get massive douchevibes from almost everything about Yang. I don't really doubt that he's a nice guy who does nice things, but my read on him is still "needs to be liked real bad and will say whatever he thinks will get him there".
Old 10-10-2007, 10:55 AM

So will Jerry Yang be "The Christian Moneymaker" and bring in the all-important evangelical poker contingent? Stay tuned...
Old 10-10-2007, 10:56 AM

--You can find the PPV coverage at Pokertube.com.

--I know a lot of people ridicule Phil Gordon, but in retrospect, his PPV commentary was pretty much spot-on.

--I would bet that Kalmar's request to see Yang's cards was very out of character for Kalmar. I think Yang's play to that point made it mandatory, and I've got no problem with it.

--As mentioned above, Yang re-popped Kravchenko several times pre-flop and induced folds almost every time. I was hoping they'd show a couple of those hands. I still don't have a good read on how often Jerry had 3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] in those spots (or how often the Russian was laying down decent hands).

--I believe Lam is quoted as saying that he was monumentally card dead for most of the FT. I'm not sure he was just trying to fold his way up the pay scale.

--There is no God but Allah. Mohammed was his prophet, and he preferred pushing overcards in position.
Old 10-10-2007, 10:57 AM

Just guessing but I would think that having some of his family at the FT played a part in all the prayaments...both because of all the pre-game hallelujahs (you know they had some sort of pre-FT mass or something) and because they are all right there watching, praying, etc. It's contagious to a point and there is some peer pressure to 'show one's faith'.

I'd love to know what was going on with Lee's gf when Lee was all-in. Was she 'mocking' the Yang family? I would guess that during any Yang-all-in there was a lot of praying going on in the stands and lots of hallelujahs after he won. At some point the message becomes; "God loves Jerry more than the rest of you...see...another hand for proof...ooops...see...yet another hand for proof...can there really be any doubt now?...ooops...'nuther hand for proof."

If Yang truly believed that the Lord was with him and was ensuring him a victory then that should make playing the way Yang did easier. Why worry about calling all-in with A-rag when you 'know' the lord will floppeth an Ace vs. KK?

The prayaments don't bother me so much but I'm very hard to tilt. I just don't worry about crap like that...that's Jerry's thing and it appears to be working for him so more power to him. I'd prefer people were more tolerant of things they don't do/like (like maybe...poker) so I try to be tolerant of others.

Khan can always get a job as sexual harrassment Panda.
Old 10-10-2007, 11:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Thoughts:

ESPN almost covered this like "[censored], let's just get this over.'

They missed one of the biggest stories, which was the fact that 1- it took forever and was a massive grind, and Rhame clearly went on tilt and tried to bust for about 20 minutes, but failed in doing so and untilted.

They did make Yang look like more of a luckbox than he was.

Jerry Yang seems really FOS to me. Between the bizzare Bill Elder thing, and other stuff, I just feel like he's just saying whatever he thinks will make people like him.

The best players at the table just played so bad at Yang. Just ugly.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dids, why not try to promote leadership on 2+2 instead of spewing negativity that seems to be growing like a cancer on this site because of people like you?

Kudos to Jerry Yang, one of the most sincere and humble people I have ever had the pleasure of meeting. While most of us can only dream of accomplishing what he has, I doubt that many of us could have endured what he had to in his lifetime just to get to where he is now. Much the same can be said for Tuan Lam, and my hat is off to both of them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dids is the moderator/poster on this board, that means he can say if he liked something or not. He's not going to crush any post saying something negative, he's not God, which I can prove since Yang never said Dids once last night.

The USA chant was pure stupidity. So there's a guy from Laos and one from Vietnam/Canada, maybe they were rooting for the dealer?
Old 10-10-2007, 11:07 AM

Way too much jesus on TV last night.
Old 10-10-2007, 11:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Way too much jesus on TV last night.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, it was amazing how Hevad Khan was able to pick out Jesus in the audience. Jesus became a player in this event even before he advised Yang not to tip the dealers.
Old 10-10-2007, 11:15 AM

Also, can't help but wonder how Scotty would have handled Yang had he not busto'd.