Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Business, Finance, and Investing
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-09-2007, 10:35 AM

Default Re: Buying Home, Credit Question

It would be on closer to a $300,000 loan, it ended up taking 40 months to break even. I figured my credit would be good pretty fast, and if I had more money which I should in a year then I could refinance to a 15 year fixed and figured that's the best option (without point). My main concern was that since they are a smaller company, they are more flexible but also more risky, risky in someway I don't know about. But you don't seem to think that's a problem spex? Anyway, thanks again.
Old 10-09-2007, 11:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It would be on closer to a $300,000 loan, it ended up taking 40 months to break even. I figured my credit would be good pretty fast, and if I had more money which I should in a year then I could refinance to a 15 year fixed and figured that's the best option (without point). My main concern was that since they are a smaller company, they are more flexible but also more risky, risky in someway I don't know about. But you don't seem to think that's a problem spex? Anyway, thanks again.

[/ QUOTE ]\

I don't see a problem necessarily. Just read the docs and be sure of what you're signing and you should be fine. In my experience, the right lender is the lender that can give you the best deal and actually perform on their promises. Just because a company is big doesn't mean they're right for your situation or that they're more competent.

The lender is the one taking the risk, not you. You can do things to protect yourself like reading the loan docs, etc. But don't freak out just because its a small company. If you're worried, check with the Better Business Bureau.
Old 10-09-2007, 01:50 PM

How much are you planning on putting down?