Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > BBV4Life
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-02-2007, 01:38 PM

Location: this forum again I will ban you. If you send me an email or private message, I will ban you.
Default Beat: Housemate made me dinner

So last night, like 5pm, im chillin in my room, wondering what im gonna eat for dinner. My housemate runs up the stairs and says he is making steak and mashed potatoes and asks if i want some. This sounds awesome. His gf and her kid(lol owned) are also over. So im sitting there playing a donkament or something and i realize its 640 and no food smells are going down. Entourage will be on soon and i didnt want to miss it so i went to check what was going on.

At this point my housemate was MICROWAVING these pretty nice looking ribeye's(we have a gas grill so i dont know why he didnt use that) and his girlfriend is pouring instant mashed potato mix into a pot. At this point im thinking "hmm, how can i go get a burrito without offending them?" I decide its impossible and go back upstairs.

Entourage starts, and 8 minutes in he tells me dinner is ready. So i go downstairs, my housemate and his gf sit down and we start eating. Her son runs up the stairs to the area that really only has my bedroom and my housemate's bedroom. My housemates gf runs after the kid yelling. Apparently the kid went into my room to look around since he had never been in there. I dont really care because hes some curious 4 year old who is just checking things out or whatever. His mom, however, wasnt so indifferent and yelled at him and spanked him for like 5 minutes. After that, every 2-3 minutes during dinner she would tell him he was a liar and yell at him. Super awkward, but standard.

Anyway, we eat, its terrible, the steak has been microwaved so that should be obv. But the mashed potatoes are the real shame. I think that instant mashed potatoes are the worst invention ever and have completely ruined mashed potatoes. I remember the first time my mom ever made them and i was like, OH HELL YES MASHED POTATOES JUST GOT HOME FROM SCHOOL SHIP IT. Then i tasted complete garbage and was bummed. Anyway, instant mashed potatoes are the worst thing ever.

Our whole dinner conversation went something like this.
"hey ryan, have you seen knocked up yet?"

"no."

"oh, we saw it today because everyone said it was so funny but we hated it because its kind of a touchy subject."

(background: i got my housemate from craigslist as some temporary dude to live with me until i move in 2 months. When he moved in he said he had no pets, animals, children, or anything. The next day, he brought his kid over and his girlfriends kid over. thanks for no kids!) So anyways, they both have a kid, both have been divorced already and both are attrocious parents. She was drunk on smirnoff twist or whatever all during dinner and he regularly brings the kid to bars on weekends to sit with him while he drinks. I just thought it was funny there was a movie made completely parodying their lives...and they cook terribly...and theyre abusive to their children. gg parenting.
Old 07-02-2007, 01:42 PM

Default Re: Beat: Housemate made me dinner

[ QUOTE ]
Entourage will be on soon and i didnt want to miss it so i went to check what was going on.

[/ QUOTE ]
Only part of this thread that hit an emotional cord in me.

Seriously though, Craiglist housemates suck.
Old 07-02-2007, 01:42 PM

OOT much?
Old 07-02-2007, 01:46 PM

Location: this forum again I will ban you. If you send me an email or private message, I will ban you.

[ QUOTE ]
exiled from OOT much?

[/ QUOTE ]

sure am.

bbv4lyfe.
Old 07-02-2007, 01:54 PM

parenting is overrated.
Old 07-02-2007, 01:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
parenting is overrated.

[/ QUOTE ]

we would need a new word to describe how overrated parenting is. just calling it overrated is an injustice imo.
Old 07-02-2007, 03:54 PM

http://youtube.com/watch?v=U1KRFG5oo0c
Old 07-02-2007, 04:05 PM

good story would read again, A-
Old 07-02-2007, 04:09 PM

Lol so ghetto thru and thru.

for variance smack the crap outta this bad mom imo.
Old 07-02-2007, 04:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
good story would read again, A-

[/ QUOTE ]
I was expecting a crappy 2 sentence post. Then I realized that you are a good poster and was pleasantly surprised. I lost myself in those 3 minutes of reading. Jolly good show.