Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-25-2007, 08:55 AM

Default Re: KJ in a raised pot

My only thought is that with the MP calling, I am c/r this flop. I think the value we get from the MP correctly/incorrectly calling the best is greater than the few times we are dominated by the button.
Old 09-25-2007, 09:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Oink appears to have changed his opinion on this hand. I c/r the flop here because fish are likely to call down when I am ahead and probably will fail charge me a lot when I am behind. Against better players, I might play differently because a c/r here represents strength, which a good player would pick up on.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope!

IMO its a close one at 1/2 and I would like a c/r more at higher stakes where button's range is wider and where a TAG or LAG/TAG will call down more.

Since its close at lower stakes I would just take the low variance line.

[/ QUOTE ]
So you're check/calling down unimproved at low stakes?
Old 09-25-2007, 09:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Oink appears to have changed his opinion on this hand. I c/r the flop here because fish are likely to call down when I am ahead and probably will fail charge me a lot when I am behind. Against better players, I might play differently because a c/r here represents strength, which a good player would pick up on.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope!

IMO its a close one at 1/2 and I would like a c/r more at higher stakes where button's range is wider and where a TAG or LAG/TAG will call down more.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I want to say again, I think its close.

But button will IMO mostly either 3-bet or fold if you c/r. Even with the fish in the pot I doubt that it will be a huge mistake to just call and let button fire with QQ, JJ, TT, AQ.

At higher stakes I like a c/r a lot more as button's range is a LOT wider.
Old 09-25-2007, 09:50 AM

Oink..what stakes do you play? Not trying to be offensive just wondering.
Old 09-25-2007, 09:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Oink..what stakes do you play? Not trying to be offensive just wondering.

[/ QUOTE ]

Mid stakes
Old 09-25-2007, 10:50 AM

My only reason for asking is that from playing .25/.5 and .5/1, that the Button will call this raise with most of his range for one bet in a decent size pot now. MP will also call with most of his holdings as well after calling the one bet already.

I dont disagree with also waiting for a safer turn to c/r though in some situations though I think I do that more when we are heads up and I dont have fade as many potential action killer cards.
Old 09-25-2007, 11:12 AM

Ime at 2/4 a normal villain will bet flop, bet turn then give up on river w/TT-QQ. I feel like I'll miss to much value by just check/calling down, and I also feel like I get a lot of really light calldowns when I c/r the flop (lighter than if I c/r the turn), and then there's the bet spitting machine in MP. That's why this is a standard c/r for me.
Old 09-25-2007, 04:13 PM

I C/R the flop.

Whilst I would agree at 10/20 the buttons range is wider, I find K10 or K9 easily in his range here.

Also PP's are calling with one more back to them, whereas they might shut down on the turn if you eelct to just call flop and bet turn.
Old 09-25-2007, 04:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope!

[/ QUOTE ]

oink, you got two ppl committed on this flop, and the PF 3bet guy is never gonna fold 99-QQ, and the other fish is going to call down like it's his job. I take passive lines all the time, but this isn't one of them.
Old 09-25-2007, 04:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope!

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I want to say again, I think its close.

But button will IMO mostly either 3-bet or fold if you c/r. Even with the fish in the pot I doubt that it will be a huge mistake to just call and let button fire with QQ, JJ, TT, AQ.

At higher stakes I like a c/r a lot more as button's range is a LOT wider.

[/ QUOTE ]

do ppl fold at 1-2?