Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-15-2007, 04:38 PM

Default Re: Here\'s an AKo hand

The turn is an easy fold. Raising the flop is spew.
Old 05-15-2007, 04:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i fold the turn.

i do not raise the flop. what is the point of getting HU with A-high? are we really taking a free card if we do get it HU? what can possibly fold on this flop that we would like to fold?

[/ QUOTE ]
I agree with this. I used to autoraise a lot of draws for the free card, but when people are donking this flop, it's often with a hand better than mine and I'm isolating them with a weaker hand. I generally only raise draws now if my hand has some deception and/or I definitely want to see the river, such as the usual case with a nut flush draw. In this hand, there are a bunch of turn cards I don't want to see such as a queen, jack, nine, eight or a spade, plus I don't actually know which of my outs are good. Also, by checking the turn, I think you give your hand away, but will still have to call down with a losing hand at times (or do this with stronger hands) to avoid people autobetting/bluffing you on the river.

So, as played, I call the flop, fold the turn.
Old 05-15-2007, 07:59 PM

I will not raise the flop, you are only isolating with a weaker + potential dominated hand. yuk!
Old 05-15-2007, 09:10 PM

I was surprised to hear so many people saying raise the flop. I seem to rarely make this play.

The turn is an easy fold getting 6:1. Your straight outs are oh so dirty with the spades and the paired board. JT anyone? Maybe not, it's more likely to be a queen, but when the board gets really straighty and flushy and paired, you are in big trouble.

Fold the turn and NH.